Frequent Contributor

I purchased (in March) the LG Optimus ll with 1200/minutes...promising triple minutes when replenished......does anyone know how to do this......?

I've called tracfone and when I give my QVC info and pin.....they say it's passed replenishment time?????.....then I get disconnected. So I call another number and this time I give my air (?) pin number......and they tell me it has expired.

Can someone please explain to me how this works......I remember being told to keep my pin number that it would be so important when I was refilling the phone. I purchased this for my DH and he just ran out of minutes.....he really liked this phone so I'm hoping that some one can help us.

Valued Contributor

Gem, dh and I have used the Tracphone with the triple minutes for years

You have to buy minutes BEFORE you run out of minutes to get the minutes tripled.

It sounds like you've lost the triple minutes, but what we do is just buy a card of minutes at Walmart or a drugstore (they're cheaper at Walmart), and follow the instructions on the back of the card. No phone call is necessary. It does take a few minutes for the tripled amount to eventually show up, though.

I am sorry, but it sounds like you missed out on the triple minutes. It was in the instructions when we bought our phones.

It always shows on our screens, how many days left, and minutes left.

Valued Contributor

I forgot to mention that we always get our phones from HSN.

Trusted Contributor

If I recall, the minutes on that phone were only good for 6 months so you would have needed to add minutes in September to keep it active. After the 6 months your phone would no longer be active unless you had bought minutes.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor
On 10/14/2014 adelle38 said:

If I recall, the minutes on that phone were only good for 6 months so you would have needed to add minutes in September to keep it active. After the 6 months your phone would no longer be active unless you had bought minutes.

I have this phone and this is what I recall too.

Honored Contributor
On 10/14/2014 Gerri S said:

I purchased (in March) the LG Optimus ll with 1200/minutes...promising triple minutes when replenished......does anyone know how to do this......?

I've called tracfone and when I give my QVC info and pin.....they say it's passed replenishment time?????.....then I get disconnected. So I call another number and this time I give my air (?) pin number......and they tell me it has expired.

Can someone please explain to me how this works......I remember being told to keep my pin number that it would be so important when I was refilling the phone. I purchased this for my DH and he just ran out of minutes.....he really liked this phone so I'm hoping that some one can help us.

We've owned a total of at least 12 TracFone's, and we bought all of the from hsn. Instead of buying minutes it has always been cheaper to buy a new, and upgraded phone, in lieu of adding minutes.

With each phone there was always a time limit to activate the phone. The most recent one I bought for my wife is a Prepaid Plan with Sprint and it is a Samsung Galaxy SIII. She has 60 days in which to activate it. I think all carriers have a maximum limit for activation or transferring remaining minutes or for promotiom by QVC or any retailer.

Must be too late for you to do this. We have never had one that allowed over 6 months to take care of business.

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor
On 10/14/2014 hckynut said:
On 10/14/2014 Gerri S said:

We've owned a total of at least 12 TracFone's, and we bought all of the from hsn. Instead of buying minutes it has always been cheaper to buy a new, and upgraded phone, in lieu of adding minutes.

With each phone there was always a time limit to activate the phone. The most recent one I bought for my wife is a Prepaid Plan with Sprint and it is a Samsung Galaxy SIII. She has 60 days in which to activate it. I think all carriers have a maximum limit for activation or transferring remaining minutes or for promotiom by QVC or any retailer.

Must be too late for you to do this. We have never had one that allowed over 6 months to take care of business.

I think the OP had activated the phone but failed to purchase new minutes in the allowed 6 months. While most HSN Tracfones give you a years' worth of minutes, this one only had 6 months.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

The 1200 minutes are good for one year. Your phone is what dictates your triple minutes. You can go on line to replenish your minutes and they will automatically triple. It is easy and works every time.

Super Contributor

I purchased the LG Optimus Dynamic II from HSN. Great phone with NO problems. They transfered all minutes from my old phone, and added the 1200 triple minute, data, text package to new phone. This is my third tracfone from them. They just keep getting better and better! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

It sounds like you transferred your service days/minutes/phone number from one Tracfone to the LG Optimus Dynamic II. And then it sounds like you waited until it was out of minutes before trying to use the PIN that came with the phone for the 1200 minutes. Is that correct?

If so, it sounds like the minutes have expired. I bought the same phone from HSN and only had 60 days to add the minutes. After that, they would have expired.