Valued Contributor

I'm researching DSLR cameras since I need a new camera and rather get a real good one. Does anyone own one of these cameras and which brand do you suggest? Any suggestions, ideas, comments will be appreciated. Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: DSLR Camera Suggestions!

First of all, how exciting for you upgrading to a DSLR! What was suggested to me when I took the leap, go to a brick and mortar camera store and hold the different brands and models in your hands. I was surprised how they're shaped and sized differently and most people don't factor in shape, size, and weight of the camera before they purchase. You will appreciate a comfortable fit in your hands later on, and it will give you a better idea of the brand to choose. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I used to have a DSLR Film Camera and was quite good at using it years ago but got away from the photography. Recently, I decided to get back in and I bought the Nikon 3200 which is entry level. I have figured out a lot of it but still have taken some blurry pictures. I just purchased Nikon 3200 for Dummies LOL and started reading it today. I am excited to get back into photography again.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Kathoderay and conIt.....appreciate your input. I'm taking my time deciding so I will go and check out some of the cameras in stores.

A friend of mine also has the Nikon 3200 and loves it. I did see the 3300 at Costco so I may compare the 2 of them.