Honored Contributor

We will need a new computer... An Apple? Suggestions please!

Thanks in advance!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: We will need a new computer... An Apple? Suggestions please!

Desktop or notebook? I switched to Apple in 2013 and I'm glad I did. People often post it's so easy to use (not always) and intuitive (I don't think it is) and without problems (I've had some). With that being said, I would recommend Apple to anyone who can afford it and wants to switch.

Respected Contributor

I will be replacing mine in the next few years with a Mac. I decided after I got my iPads, while they are probably not alike, I just have more faith in them from reviews.
Respected Contributor

On 10/12/2014 glb613 said:

Desktop or notebook? I switched to Apple in 2013 and I'm glad I did. People often post it's so easy to use (not always) and intuitive (I don't think it is) and without problems (I've had some). With that being said, I would recommend Apple to anyone who can afford it and wants to switch.

Let's see now. You've found Mac computers not always easy to use, with some problems, and not intuitive.

Yet you're recommending Mac computers to anyone who can afford it and wants to to switch? {#emotions_dlg.w00t} {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Sounds like a sure-fire recommendation to me.

That said, we currently have an iMac and an iPad. The iPad has worked great. The only problem with the iMac so far was the hard drive replacement and that was free. I'm waiting for October 16th to see what's new. My current iMac is 5 years old and I may want to upgrade it or go to a Mac Mini + separate display.

Respected Contributor

I need to get a new laptop computer soon -- I've had more than my share of problems with my Dell laptop that I bought from QVC back in 2010. I will investigate Apple laptops. I don't have the best eyesight, so I need a decent size screen (I have a 15" screen now). I don't have a desktop, and my laptop is my one and only computer. I also read on-line that the second most reliable laptop is a Lenova. I'm not at all familiar with that brand either.

Super Contributor

I purchased a Mac Air about 6 months ago and I love it. I would never go back to a regular PC. Also, on their site, if u sign up for a Barclay card u get interest free financing.
Respected Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Cats3000 said:
On 10/12/2014 glb613 said:

Let's see now. You've found Mac computers not always easy to use, with some problems, and not intuitive.

Yet you're recommending Mac computers to anyone who can afford it and wants to to switch? {#emotions_dlg.w00t} {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Sounds like a sure-fire recommendation to me.

That said, we currently have an iMac and an iPad. The iPad has worked great. The only problem with the iMac so far was the hard drive replacement and that was free. I'm waiting for October 16th to see what's new. My current iMac is 5 years old and I may want to upgrade it or go to a Mac Mini + separate display.

Yes, I do recommend them Do you have a problem with that?

Super Contributor

I switched in 2011 and am so glad I did! Love my Apple products. So easy to use!
Trusted Contributor

A Mac is better than any other computer:

http://www.powermax.com/customer_resources/top_ten

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

I have used Mac computers for 25 years...very easy to run. I did buy a small Acer computer several years ago, I wanted it just for email but so many 'things' popped up the first few days that I had it that I returned it and never even thought of buying a PC ever again.

Currently I use a MacBook Air at home, which needs to be upgraded and I have an IMac at the office. (we are self employed so I purchase what I want). I cannot recommend that brand enough, yes, more expensive but worth it.