Valued Contributor

I am starting to hate my iPad!

Ever since the newest update my iPad is horribly slow, the keys freeze up while I'm typing (it can be 5 or 6 letters behind) and Safari often just shuts down. I also get blanks where pictures should be on Facebook. I have read that lots of people are having the same problems. I have tried every solution I have read about but still no luck. Anyone have any good ideas? I feel like just throwing it across the room and breaking it!!!!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Super Contributor

Re: I am starting to hate my iPad!

Are you talking about the most recent update? I decided not to update with the most recent one because of all the problems people are having. I updated the last one... but no more until they get everything straightened out.

Contributor

I am having those problems too. Plus, my battery life is draining really fast. I have read about the battery problems among other things. I hope they fix these problems fast! I am almost running plugged in constantly. Ugh Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

I have an iPad 3 and have also decided not to update for now - maybe never.

Super Contributor

The last update (8.0.2) fixed my lag, I do see the battery issue. My iPad is a 64 gig 3.
Honored Contributor

Call Apple or take it to a Genius at the Apple Store (make an appointment, first!) and have them look at it. For a while they were letting people downgrade to iOS7, so ask if that's still an option.

I've had an iPhone since 2007 and I've learned that I do NOT upgrade my older phones with a new OS because new software is optimized for new hardware. It may work on older models, but it's not optimized for that and there's always a risk that it will slow things down or cause other problems. I wait until they announce that the latest version is "optimized for" whatever device I have or until I'm about to get a new phone.

When iOS 8 came out, I immediately emailed both my parents and told them not to update their devices until they hear positive reviews and to look for "optimized for" and their specific devices OR if they hear anything about a security issue patch that required an immediate update.

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 Luv My Cresties said: I am having those problems too. Plus, my battery life is draining really fast. I have read about the battery problems among other things. I hope they fix these problems fast! I am almost running plugged in constantly. Ugh Smiley Sad

Turn the Bluetooth off. Every time I do one of these updates it turns on my Bluetooth which drains the battery.

Respected Contributor

I only updated once - about 6mos. ago - never again. Messed everything up still not as good as before I updated. I am now ignoring incoming update messages wishbI had never updated at all. Ah well we live and learn! My sympathies to you OP.
Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 dulwich said: I only updated once - about 6mos. ago - never again. Messed everything up still not as good as before I updated. I am now ignoring incoming update messages wishbI had never updated at all. Ah well we live and learn! My sympathies to you OP.

This could or could not apply, but I've found very often that subsequent updates will unskrew up what a previous update skrewed up.

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 Nightowlz said:
On 10/9/2014 Luv My Cresties said: I am having those problems too. Plus, my battery life is draining really fast. I have read about the battery problems among other things. I hope they fix these problems fast! I am almost running plugged in constantly. Ugh Smiley Sad

Turn the Bluetooth off. Every time I do one of these updates it turns on my Bluetooth which drains the battery.

Yes! I really hate that.