Valued Contributor

Microsoft Works for Mac ? Any Mac users know a similar program for Mac?

I loved MS Works for my PC. Now that I have a Mac I really want a similar program for it.

I found MS Office for Mac but it seems they don't make Works for Mac.

Honored Contributor

Re: Microsoft Works for Mac ? Any Mac users know a similar program for Mac?

I love Work too but don't know about equivalent programs.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Microsoft works is a windows only application. In fact, understanding that you said you love using it, anything created in works is not compatible with office. Works is also not compatible with anything else but works. So if someone doesnt have works on their computer, only office installed, they will be unable to open the document you send them. For this reason, I stayed away from using works on my PC computers, and invested in installing office every time. I am a Mac user now, and as I pointed out earlier, works is not available for Mac because it's only for PC, and specific to only itself. As you have already found, Microsoft office does have a Mac version. I have this, use it daily, and provides me piece of mind knowing that regardless if someone is on PC or Mac as long as they have office (or another program that opens office documents) they can open mine.
Valued Contributor

I know all about ms office and works. I just wondered if there is an app or program similar to Works created for my Mac.

Respected Contributor

On 10/8/2014 Nicecupoftea said:

I know all about ms office and works. I just wondered if there is an app or program similar to Works created for my Mac.

In a word, no. You need to convert all of your files created in Works to a format compatible with Word or Pages. You Mac should have Pages installed and it's the Mac word processing program. If your Mac computer is new, it should have included Pages, Keynote and Numbers. My Macbook Pro did and it's less than a year old. If you plan to send a document created in Pages to a Windows PC, save it is a Word compatible format.

Honored Contributor

WORKS IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR WINDOWS OR MAC. THERE ARE MICROSOFT WORD PROCESSING/PRODUCTIVITY FROM THE MICROSOFT STORE. THESE WILL WORK WITH A MAC.