Super Contributor

Apple Caves: 'Camera Roll' Is Coming Back To Your iPhone

i hope this is true!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} another blog said that photo stream also returned when they installed beta iOS 8.1

----------------

Apple customers freaked out last month over a change in Apple's new mobile operating system, iOS 8. Now, it looks like Apple has listened to the feedback.

iOS 8 removed "Camera Roll," the album where every photo taken with an iPhone is stored. Photos were instead sent to a new folder named "Recently Added."

While this is just a small change, it caused outrage. iPhone users were left confused by the move.

The "Recently Added" folder also contained deleted photos saved on iCloud, meaning that it was impossible to see which photos were actually stored on the device. It also made deleting photos trickier, as they were then sent to a folder called "Recently Deleted" instead of being removed from the device.

Unhappy iPhone users complained on Twitter about the removal of camera roll.

Noticing that people were unhappy, budding app developers have been building apps to provide an unofficial Camera Roll folder that shows all photos saved on a device. They've been using Twitter to track down angry Apple customers and let them know about their apps.

Now, Apple has abandoned its plan to move away from Camera Roll and force users to combine all of their photos together. The new iOS 8.1 beta has been released to developers, and they've noticed that Camera Roll has been restored.

Here's what the new beta version of iOS 8 looks like:

Apple Caves: 'Camera Roll' Is Coming Back To Your iPhone

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Caves: 'Camera Roll' Is Coming Back To Your iPhone

Good. I didn't like the new way at all.

Super Contributor

i don't either brii!!!

Super Contributor

I read that last night. Not having the camera roll wasn't a big deal for me but it was for lots of people. Apple usually doesn't make changes just for the heck of it....but you never know.

Apple is generally good about listening to customers. That's why it's important that folks let them know when they dislike something or have a suggestion for making some feature better. Here's the link for the feedback page:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

I send comments frequently --- just sent one last week on the changes to Safari. The bookmarks icon was moved to the left of the address bar which is counter-intuitive for right handers....having to cross over the screen to open bookmarks. AND the drop down list of bookmarks stays open after one is selected resulting in a 2nd tap on the icon to close the list. That drop down list takes up too much screen space, especially on an iPad Mini.

We'll see if enough people have complained about that 'feature' to warrant a change in 8.1. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Cha1k -

believe me LOTS of people let them know about not liking that the camera roll/photo stream features were gone! not just on twitter.

i did go to that page you linked a few days ago but could never send the form when completed. there is no enter or send button.

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 shesallthat said:

snip.....

i did go to that page you linked a few days ago but could never send the form when completed. there is no enter or send button.

I see a Submit Feedback button at the bottom on the page. Is it not showing up for you? What browser are you using?

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Cha1k said:
On 10/2/2014 shesallthat said:

snip.....

I see a Submit Feedback button at the bottom on the page. Is it not showing up for you? What browser are you using?

i am using chrome - it is not showing.

Super Contributor

Do you have another browser on your computer that you could try?

Super Contributor

i dont like.

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Cha1k said:

Do you have another browser on your computer that you could try?

yes i have firefox. i will try it again.