Valued Contributor

A few weeks ago I couldn't get online or any webpages. I finally fixed the computer and had to reload firefox, updates, reload some other programs and got it fixed. The problem now is my pictures are not accessible to put in an email when I hit insert on hotmail. The pictures are in Windows Photo Gallery. I tried to put some in an email from pictures and while it says I have 250 in there I open the folder and it's empty. So I haven't lost my pictures I just can't seem to get them into an email. I have downloaded more since having a problem with the computer and they do download in my pictures folder. I've tried some things that I read online but I can't seem to get the previous ones in an email.

How can I get the pictures back to the pictures folder or how can I go to Windows Photo Gallery and insert a picture in an email. I tried to copy and paste also and that doesn't work. I usually just hit insert on hotmail, the pictures folder comes up and I just click on it and it goes into the email.

Any suggestions. Using Vista