Honored Contributor

There's an Apple update this morning 8.0.2

Think I'll hold off installing it till we see if they leave this one out there.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: There's an Apple update this morning 8.0.2

I just updated to 8.0 last week and I'm not having any problems. I can probably hold off on this update.

Honored Contributor

They released 8.0.1 a few days ago and then pulled the release. I just I stalled 8.0.2. I'm hoping it fixes some of the many issues from 8.0.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I installed 8.0.2 yesterday on my iPad (3rd generation) and iPhone 5. Easy installations. I did both via iTunes on my Mac immediately after a backup, and each one took about 10 minutes or so. So far, everything seems to be working with no problems.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

You mean IOS not OSX right?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I am going to wait... updating the IOS system on my iPhone 4 ruined it. Right now my iPad is connecting to facetime... something it hasn't done since purchased last January. My iPhone cannot handle another update... it is too far behind.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to install it on my iPad mini but it seems I'm out of space. I've tried to clear some space but it still asking me for more space, what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? I think I might need to go to the apple store and see how they can help me .
Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 jay633 said: I'm trying to install it on my iPad mini but it seems I'm out of space. I've tried to clear some space but it still asking me for more space, what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? I think I might need to go to the apple store and see how they can help me .

Hi, jay633! The first thing to try: Launch iTunes on your computer, connect your mini, and download the update that way instead of wirelessly.

Otherwise, there are several articles online but I'll share one with steps to follow for those concerned about storage (there are other guides online but this one is shorter offering a few simple steps):

iOS 8 Is Here but Your Storage Is Full: Here’s What to Do

link goes to: http://blogs.wsj.com/personal-technology/2014/09/17/ios-8-is-here-but-your-storage-is-full-heres-wha...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

What dooBdoo said.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Also, for those folks who have this problem it means you are using your iPad and that's a good thing.

When you upgrade to a newer iPad....and I anticipate that those who are running low on storage space will eventually upgrade....consider getting one level higher than the storage amount you originally think about purchasing. If you have a 16gb, consider spending the additional $100 to get the 32gb, especially if the additional $$$ won't put you in a bind.

Respected Contributor

I upgraded my iPad mini to IOS 8.0 last week without any problems or stroage issues. And I updated to IOS 8.0.2. Everything is working great.