Esteemed Contributor

How do I put this tablet back to factory settings...I want my C.C. and Apps out of it so I can return....if you can help I would appreciate it....

I am tech challenged...so please be very specific on what to do....thanks very much....

Esteemed Contributor

circles, I can't help you with that, but I hope you don't mind if I ask a question, and bend your ear for a minute.

Can you tell me why you are returning?

I ordered the LePan on advance order to ship the 24th. Well, I got it about a week and a half ago and the box had been opened. I'm afraid (and a little bit mad) that I got a return.

I haven't even plugged it in or anything at this point, trying to decide to try it or just return it.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, betteb......I have two other tablets...a Nook and a Samsung...thought I would like a 3rd but then felt I really don't need it...too many other expenses this time of year for me...

I'm sorry you received a return....I was sent a returned jacket two weeks ago...it was clearly laundered and shrunk.....I sent it back ...

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/27/2014 circles said:

Hi, betteb......I have two other tablets...a Nook and a Samsung...thought I would like a 3rd but then felt I really don't need it...too many other expenses this time of year for me...

I'm sorry you received a return....I was sent a returned jacket two weeks ago...it was clearly laundered and shrunk.....I sent it back ...

I have received returns on clothing too. Smiley Sad I'm just afraid it's a dud, already returned by someone else.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

I understand that...the returns department just send out anything with no regard to its condition....

I played around with my tablet and low and behold....I found out how to clear it out myself...I did it twice to make sure....lol....its now on my porch waiting for the postman to pick it up...

Good luck with whatever decision you choose to do with you tablet...not sure if sending it back and asking for another would work.....however you should not be charged s&h because it isn't new....

Contributor

I had to return my La Pan tablet my Son In Law set it up for me but it was locking up so I returned it for another one but we didn't clear everything from it I hope I didn't make a mistake by not clearing it any advice on that even though it is to late it is gone and I already received the replacement.

There was something wrong with the operating system on the one I returned

Super Contributor

From the app drawer, choose "settings". From there, go to "backup and reset". Choose "factory data reset". OR. . stick the end of a paper clip in the little hole at the top between the charging port and the headphone jack.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Esteemed Contributor
On 9/27/2014 STARLIGHT said:

I had to return my La Pan tablet my Son In Law set it up for me but it was locking up so I returned it for another one but we didn't clear everything from it I hope I didn't make a mistake by not clearing it any advice on that even though it is to late it is gone and I already received the replacement.

There was something wrong with the operating system on the one I returned

not to scare you....I returned a tablet to ShopHQ last year...didn't take my info out...and not long afterward someone used my c.c. to the tune of almost a thousand dollars...lesson learned for me....that's why I wanted to clean this one out....

thankfully my cc company called me and stopped the transaction..and closed out my account and reopened a new one for me....

keep your eyes on your card...

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/27/2014 Portia said:

From the app drawer, choose "settings". From there, go to "backup and reset". Choose "factory data reset". OR. . stick the end of a paper clip in the little hole at the top between the charging port and the headphone jack.

Thanks, Portia....that's exactly what I did....was easier then I thought...lol...

Super Contributor
On 9/27/2014 circles said:
On 9/27/2014 Portia said:

Thanks, Portia....that's exactly what I did....was easier then I thought...lol...

You're welcome, circles.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft