Regular Contributor

I just pre-ordered the Kindle Fire HDX that will be today's special value. I was debating between this and an Apple IPad. What are your thoughts?

Regular Contributor

My husband gave me a Kindle Fire HDX for Christmas and I was extremely disappointed with it. No matter how many things Amazon says you can do with it, I found it to have plenty of limitations. He ended up selling it on eBay.

Respected Contributor
On 9/25/2014 pjoy said:

My husband gave me a Kindle Fire HDX for Christmas and I was extremely disappointed with it. No matter how many things Amazon says you can do with it, I found it to have plenty of limitations. He ended up selling it on eBay.

Wow, just what exactly did you want to do that you couldn't?

Mine does absolutely everything I'd ever want and I love it!

Honored Contributor

My husband is an Ipad fan, I'm a Kindle Fire fan. I have not yet upgraded to the HDX but it's on my list. I think it depends on what you use your tablet for. I've had my Kindle Fire for 2 years and I cannot think of single thing that his Ipad does that my Kindle Fire does not do. I'm sure there is something but obviously it's not something I need. So, the more $$ Ipad is not necessary for me. In two years, I have not ever thought "I wish my Kindled did X". It's my constant companion, it goes with me everywhere.

Honored Contributor
On 9/25/2014 mima said:
On 9/25/2014 pjoy said:

Wow, just what exactly did you want to do that you couldn't?

Mine does absolutely everything I'd ever want and I love it!

That was my question to. Mine actually does more than I ever thought it would.

Occasional Contributor

I have a kindle fire (not hdx) and love it. I've not had any problems with it and it does everything I need it to do. I imagine the newest generation (the hdx) is even better than the version I've been using.

Trusted Contributor
I have the kindle fire hdx that my daughter gave last year and I love it! I no longer use my laptop unless I have to use word or excel but for everything else I use my kindle. Would highly recommend
Respected Contributor

BTW, what is the TSV deal?

Super Contributor

Is this HDX a new model. Can anyone compare the HDX with the (new) HD?

Honored Contributor
On 9/25/2014 chrystaltree said:

My husband is an Ipad fan, I'm a Kindle Fire fan. I have not yet upgraded to the HDX but it's on my list. I think it depends on what you use your tablet for. I've had my Kindle Fire for 2 years and I cannot think of single thing that his Ipad does that my Kindle Fire does not do. I'm sure there is something but obviously it's not something I need. So, the more $$ Ipad is not necessary for me. In two years, I have not ever thought "I wish my Kindled did X". It's my constant companion, it goes with me everywhere.

I can tell what it doesn't do. It doesn't sync seamlessly across Apple's ecosystem. That is the major drawback for people that like their devices and computer to seamlessly work together. It's also one of the reasons I never want to go back to windows ( that and windows instability and virus problems). I take photos on my iphone, they automatically show up on my ipad and my desktop. I don't have to convert aac files to mp3 to because android doesn't like aac. There are apps that I'm invested in that aren't available on android.

Back when I got my first ipod, I was still using windows and it was a major pain to convert all my music from windows media player default file type .wmv to mp3 so it would work with ipod. The different ecosystems just don't easily play well together. I actually considered recently switching to the Fire phone until I realized I'd be on androids ecosystem and be back to having to try and get all my devices to play nice together through conversion and 3rd party apps instead of native ones. It's just not worth the hassle.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval