Respected Contributor

New Iphone 6 bends too easy! Yikes!!!

If you put them in your pocket they bend and stay bent. Lots of reports according to the news. And they sold how many? Yikes!

If you bought one, you better get a good quality case for it.

Why didn't they test this???

Respected Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Iphone 6 bends too easy! Yikes!!!

LOl Glad I will never want or own one.

Honored Contributor

......because you aren't supposed to put them in your pocket and then sit on them. I think it never occurred to them that people would do that with a larger phone.

Respected Contributor

On 9/24/2014 chrystaltree said:

......because you aren't supposed to put them in your pocket and then sit on them. I think it never occurred to them that people would do that with a larger phone.

I think it should have occurred to them that people would. I read all the time that people want a phone that will fit in their pocket. These phone most certainly would fit in most pockets. These phones are smaller than my Samsung Note 3. I put my phone in my front pocket all the time. I can see a lot of men doing this since they don't carry a purse.

I personally would never put it in my back pocket, but men are used to putting their wallet in their back pocket, so I can see them putting their phone in their back pocket also.

I also would never use a phone without a good case though. Without the case it would easily slip into most pockets.

Honored Contributor

Every man I know with a cell phone uses one of the cases that hooks to their belt, they are smart enough not to put it in a pants pocket. I've never used a case for my iphones and I've never damaged one.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/24/2014 jaxs mom said:

Every man I know with a cell phone uses one of the cases that hooks to their belt, they are smart enough not to put it in a pants pocket. I've never used a case for my iphones and I've never damaged one.

Most men I know use a belt case to carry a phone. I use an Otterbox case to protect my Samsung S4 in my handbag.

Super Contributor

This is a problem that should have been caught by Apple designers long before the iPhone 6 Plus hit the market. iPhone 6 (the smaller one) doesn't seem to have this problem.

This video is by the same guy who did the original 'bendy' video:

http://www.cultofmac.com/297619/iphones-also-bend-just-much-6-plus/

Look at that guy's thumbs in the video.....he's exerting tons of pressure on those phones. Who on earth would put an electronic device costing $600 (out of contract), made of glass, through that kind of abuse? And in your pocket? Sheesh.....

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 Cha1k said:

This is a problem that should have been caught by Apple designers long before the iPhone 6 Plus hit the market. iPhone 6 (the smaller one) doesn't seem to have this problem.

This video is by the same guy who did the original 'bendy' video:

http://www.cultofmac.com/297619/iphones-also-bend-just-much-6-plus/

Look at that guy's thumbs in the video.....he's exerting tons of pressure on those phones. Who on earth would put an electronic device costing $600 (out of contract), made of glass, through that kind of abuse? And in your pocket? Sheesh.....

Hi, Cha1k! Here's one of their articles from yesterday about a variety of brands and their "bendy" problems. (Btw: I don't know anyone who carries their phone in their pants pocket.) :

Get bent: The shocking history of bent smartphones

link goes to: http://www.cultofmac.com/297404/get-bent-shocking-history-bent-smartphones/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

my guys - DH and two sons - NEVER put there phones in their pockets! but they also all have cases for them that would make it a little hard to do. and my DH has one of the bigger phones like the 6S size and he uses a belt clip. the only time i see that is with the younger girls that slip them in and out of their back pockets.