Honored Contributor

Century Link referred me to a website when my internet was down.

Ok, I had to call Century Link this week because the internet was down. I told Technical Support that my internet was down and they asked if I had gone online to a specific website that could help me. I nearly burst a gut holding in the laughter. I calmly replied that no, I hadn't because the internet is down. Oh yaaaaa

Anyway, it's funny to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Century Link referred me to a website when my internet was down.

LOL!!! That is funny. That's who my dad has internet service with. A bunch of numbnuts. They can never help him. He always has to call DH to help. DH gets on his computer remote from here since we live in a different state so he can see his computer & fix the problems.

Honored Contributor

I've had frustrations with the kind of thing over the years.

You keep telling them 'um, I cannot go there because there is NO internet'. What's so hard to get? I guess it's about the script but, in retrospect, it's kind of funny. At the time it's just frustrating, though. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Comcast has a recorded message that says the same thing. Calling comcast is an ordeal. First you get lost in a matrix of "press this number" levels. Better hope you don't press the wrong one that doesn't lead to a customer service rep. Several times I have pushed some number within the matrix that takes me to a recording of how to solve my problem. ( which really doesn't help) When the recording is done, comcast disconnects that call. Not like others where there might be an option to speak to someone, or go back to main menu. Nope, just Buh bye, click. Grrrr then I have to start over with another call, and through the push a number matrix...praying I don't push the wrong one again.