Valued Contributor

Help! Tried to download Windows 8 on I Pad and now it is frozen

Yes, I've tried many times completely shutting down then restarting. Doesn't help,

I only get an I Tunes symbol on the screen, then the screen goes dark.

Any suggestions....please...pretty please.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help! Tried to download Windows 8 on I Pad and now it is frozen

I don't own an ipad so this might well be the dumbest question possible and if it is, so be it, but do Apple products make use of Windows Operating Systems?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I never heard of downloading windows 8 on an iPad?
Esteemed Contributor

Can you get to settings and reset it? Might be able to use it again at least.
Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/18/2014 esmerelda said: Can you get to settings and reset it? Might be able to use it again at least.

You can call Apple and ask for help.

Super Contributor

I don't know if this is a serious question from the poster, or not? But I am going to take it on faith and answer. Windows 8, or any windows operating system number, doesn't go on an iPad. It doesmt go on any tablet, regardless of maker. Windows 8, and all numbers, is an operatimg system for a desktop or laptop computer. Specifically computers that are PC based, as opposed to Apple Mac based. The iPad and other tablets use a completely different operating system, made especially for mobile devices.
Esteemed Contributor

After reading this, I surely won't be updating mine. Will purchase another IPad this October when the new version comes out. It will already have it in it. Well worth the investment.
Super Contributor

I suppose if you are stuck on a black screen or something on your iPad, you'll need to do a restore. Plug it into your computer, logon to iTunes, on the left panel locate the iPad, click on summary in the middle of your iTunes page and look for the restore button. Or you can google how to restore iPad for complete step by step directions. If you have apple care, you might want to call them. Obviously if your trying to download windows 8 to your iPad you would be best having someone talk you through exactly what to do. Better yet...take it to an apple store and have them do it for you.
Contributor

Pretty sure Lynnj is correct. But try a reset, not restart. You hold the on/off button and the home key down at the same time until you get the Apple logo. Then it takes a few secs/ mins to reboot. If it goes dark after that it may need to be charged. I answered this after her first response, slow typingSmiley Happy
Super Contributor

Are you sure it wasn't Apple IOS 8.0? Otherwise, why would you try to install Windows on an Apple product? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}