Super Contributor

*** Mac users need to read this

If you use a Mac computer and sync data between your iOS devices and the Mac, you need to be aware of this issue when you are updating to iOS 8.

http://www.tuaw.com/2014/09/17/psa-do-not-upgrade-to-icloud-drive-during-ios-8-installation/

Respected Contributor

Re: *** Mac users need to read this

I'm not updating to OS 8 until I return from my trip. Last year I made the mistake of updating the day before I left and never again. The changes were significant and not what I wanted while on a vacation.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info!!

Honored Contributor

Never mind. I'm good.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Has this been resolved?? I just upgraded to iOS 8.0.2 and it's asking me if I want to upgrade to iCloud Drive. Not sure what to do!!

Super Contributor

On 10/8/2014 dionline said:

Has this been resolved?? I just upgraded to iOS 8.0.2 and it's asking me if I want to upgrade to iCloud Drive. Not sure what to do!!

Hope this reply is not too late for you..DO NOT accept the iCloud drive update portion during set up. Per the article in the link above, click on not now. This is only if you are also using a Mac computer, and syncing your device between the Mac computer. Once the upgrade for Yosemity operating system for the Mac computer is released later this month, and if you choose to upgrade your computer to the new OS, then you can activate iCloud drive on your device and the computer at the same time. If you don't use a Mac computer, and rather a windows based PC, then this is a non issue to you.
Super Contributor

Nope, I've got an iMac. Thank you SO much for the info!!!

Super Contributor

Okay, glad you caught the reply in time.