Trusted Contributor

I have a Nook HD+ and am very pleased with it. However, my BIL uses a Kindle. At last count, he has a good 2,000 books on his Kindle and he's very willing to share them with me, to loan them to me to read. If I download the Kindle App on my Nook, I'll be able to download and read the Kindle books through the Kindle App? Correct?

If I download a book through the Kindle App to read on my Nook, do I have to create a bookshelf just for Kindle books on the Nook? That way, it's not in with my Nook books and I wouldn't get confused as to which books are Nooks and which are Kindle books. Would that work to keep them separated?

Any hints to download or to work with the Kindle App?

Thank you for your help.

Super Contributor

Re: Nook with the Kindle App

The Kindle books will be in the Kindle App, not on your Nook bookshelf.

I do not have a Nook with a Kindle app, I do have an iPad with the Kindle app. I cannot participate in the program for Amazon Prime members, the program is only for Kindle owners. As far as borrowing your BIL's books, I believe that you should be able to read them in the Kindle app if the books are lendable.

Valued Contributor

I have a Nook HD+ also. I have a Kindle app for it and I have to open the Kindle app to get to Kindle books. I subscribe to a free service called Bookbub and get an email list everyday of low cost/free books from Google, Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Honored Contributor

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200549320

Explains how it works

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I have a Nook HD. I run the Kindle app. It works great. The Kindle books you download are accessed via the Kindle app. That is, you open the kindle app, and your kindle books are all there. They're separate from your Nook books. The Kindle books don't show up in your Nook library, and your Nook books don't show up in your Kindle app. The kindle app is easy to use. Download the app and give it a try. You'll figure it out in no time.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much! I did download the Kindle App to my Nook, so I'm good to go. I didn't even think about the books showing up inside the app.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

PamelaSue, IIRC, there're some things you need to set up now that you have the app, such as setting up a device name. You can do that via the Settings tab in the kindle app ... or with Manage my Kindle device on Amazon, I think. I don't remember this part very well, but it wasn't difficult. I think you can find help/instructions on Amazon. Let us know how it goes.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, nomless. I know I need to set it up and that I can use the same name and password that I use on Amazon. I haven't gotten that far yet. Hopefully, I'll have some time tonight that I can play around with it. It downloaded and installed without any trouble.

Thank you for your help.