Super Contributor

I really wanted an iPad, but the people at the Apple Store said that a notebook would probably be more practical for my use. (If I could only get both. LOL)

Was thinking about the MacBook Pro w/Retina Display, 13", 8GB/256GB. Hoping this is not more than I need.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I sure dislike making them. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor
Can you read text well on a 13.3""display?
Honored Contributor
I have a 17" MacBook Pro, several years old, and the text is STILL too small unless I adjust the font.
Super Contributor
On 9/15/2014 nutmeg3 said: Can you read text well on a 13.3"display?

I never thought about that, but I don't have a problem seeing some of the smaller print people use here on the boards using their various products.

Honored Contributor

My problem would be typing. Can you type on that pad? It would drive me nuts. DD says she can thumb type on her IPhone just like she did on her old Blackberry.

Honored Contributor

MacBook Air??? I LOVE mine! You buy the accessory hard drive, but we never use ours.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter has a mac with a 13 inch screen.. She loves it and she can adjust the font, very simple to use and no issues that a PC has.

Valued Contributor
My son needed a new laptop. His first one was a MacBook Pro. His second was an HP but it's starting to act up. Two weeks ago I went to visit him. He talked about getting the 13" MacBook Pro. I questioned why 13" and not 15"? We made a trip to the Apple store and as soon as he saw the 13" he turned to me and said "Wow, Mom! You're right. The 13" is so small. I'm gettng the 15"." Now I'm not sure what your intended use is but since my son is going to school the best option was the 15" screen. It's not all that much bigger than the 13". HTH
Super Contributor
On 9/17/2014 TootyJane said: My son needed a new laptop. His first one was a MacBook Pro. His second was an HP but it's starting to act up. Two weeks ago I went to visit him. He talked about getting the 13" MacBook Pro. I questioned why 13" and not 15"? We made a trip to the Apple store and as soon as he saw the 13" he turned to me and said "Wow, Mom! You're right. The 13" is so small. I'm gettng the 15"." Now I'm not sure what your intended use is but since my son is going to school the best option was the 15" screen. It's not all that much bigger than the 13". HTH

The 15" is $300. more than the 13". I don't have a particular need for a 15". No school, no work.

Super Contributor
I have a 13 inch MacBook Air. It's no problem to read text,,type, or anything else. It's very easy to adjust fonts. And just using your finger on the trackpad you can magnify a page, which makes it so easy to read anything it also has a full size keyboard, no number pad on the side though. But at least the keys are spaced as they would be on regular size keypad, and not condensed like some computer companies do with smaller screen laptops. 13 inch is really a great size, perfect world compromise, especially if you want to travel with it.