Trusted Contributor

Camera on TracPhone - Afraid to Lose Pictures

I have the LG 840 TracPhone that was a TSV last year. I am not very tech savvy. If I get another phone, I understand my old one won't work any more once the year of service is over. Will I still be able to view the pictures and videos on the phone? Reason being, I have tried and tried to send my pictures to my Gmail account but it never works. The minute I go through the motions to send the pics, the phone goes off and nothing goes to my e-mail. I have some very important pictures (of my late father and my parents' gravesite) on the phone and am afraid to lose them forever.

Instead of upgrading my phone, I'm going to buy more minutes just to keep the pictures and videos.

Can anyone guide me as to whether I can still view the pictures if the phone no longer works or even how to send them to my Gmail. I'm doing exactly what it says, sending them to my e-mail account, and nothing works.

I appreciate any advice. I have to get more minutes before Friday if I am to keep the phone.

Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Camera on TracPhone - Afraid to Lose Pictures

Also, is it better to add new airtime via a card or go directly to the TracPhone website?

I would really appreciate your input about this and the camera question.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

As long as the phone turns on I think you would be able to view stored photos. But it would be good to figure out how to move them. Are they on the phone's memory or an SD card? I used a card and then just popped it into my PC to transfer back and forth. Supposedly there's a cable you can use but I don't know for sure if it accesses the phone memory. Have you tried setting the phone to not go into lock mode so you have more time to email?

OH! Maybe you can text message the photos to someone who can then move them to a flash drive or email or text them back to your new phone. Yes, I think that would work nicely.

I always purchase an airtime card and then load it using the phone or tracfone.com. I've never purchased airtime from the website.

Trusted Contributor

Try connecting it to your computer and transfer the pictures with Windows Explorer.

Respected Contributor

Easier if you store them on a micro sd or sd card, whichever your device uses.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Caffeina said:

Try connecting it to your computer and transfer the pictures with Windows Explorer.

What type of cable do I need to connect it to my computer? I've thought of that, but only have a power cord.

Honored Contributor

On 9/14/2014 MJ FAN 4 EVER said:

What type of cable do I need to connect it to my computer? I've thought of that, but only have a power cord.

what is the power cord like on the ends?,

you would need a USB to connect to your computer, the other end must be a mini or micro connection to yr phone.

Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 MJ FAN 4 EVER said:

Take th phone to best buy, so they can see it, and tell them you need a USB cable for that phone so you can connect it your computer. Didn't the phone come with a USB cable? Seems strange to me if it didn't.
Super Contributor

I just looked at the manual online. See link below. Anyway, it appears that you cannot connect this phone to a computer. Not sure why? But anyway, do you have an SD card slot on the phone? You should, per the manual. Insert a blank card, then on the phone go to file manager, select move, and select your SD card. Then take the card out of the phone, and put the card in your SD slot on your computer. Then save the pictures to your computer. Here is the link to the manual. The instructions are on page 67 - file manager section. -- http://www.lg.com/lgecs.downloadFile.ldwf?DOC_ID=KROWM000554519&ORIGINAL_NAME_b1_a1=LG_840G_TRF_UG_W...
Trusted Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Lynnj said: I just looked at the manual online. See link below. Anyway, it appears that you cannot connect this phone to a computer. Not sure why? But anyway, do you have an SD card slot on the phone? You should, per the manual. Insert a blank card, then on the phone go to file manager, select move, and select your SD card. Then take the card out of the phone, and put the card in your SD slot on your computer. Then save the pictures to your computer. Here is the link to the manual. The instructions are on page 67 - file manager section. -- http://www.lg.com/lgecs.downloadFile.ldwf?DOC_ID=KROWM000554519&ORIGINAL_NAME_b1_a1=LG_840G_TRF_UG_W...

Thanks Lynnj...

I appreciate the link as that manual did not come with the phone. There is a slot on the phone. Okay, another dumb question... do I buy a SD card at any retailer? Target?, Radio Shack? Are they universal? Also, can you save the videos too that way?

I appreciate all the great answers you all have provided me.

No USB cord with the phone.