Trusted Contributor

Having a problem with Microsoft Outlook hope someone can help.

I have noticed that when I open my email that it shows 5 emails receiving but only 3 emails will be in my inbox. I have searched all the other boxes for the missing emails but they don't show up anywhere. Any ideas on how to find them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Having a problem with Microsoft Outlook hope someone can help.

I haven't used Outlook since it was Outlook Express, but the first thing that came to mind is that maybe your spam folder is set to automatically delete any spam emails (?). So, maybe they could have been counted as incoming but disappeared when they were auto-deleted.

I just find it easier to use the webmail from my ISP over the years, but I do miss how I could put pictures into the body of an email with OE and I cannot do that with my webmail anymore. Have to do them as attachments.

Respected Contributor

Are the 3 missing emails old? Perhaps your system is automatically deleting emails that are x days old.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Whenever I get multiple emails, it's always one count higher than I receive. I had the same thing happen on my last computer with an older version of Outlook. So I just assume it's some kind of "leader" that really isn't an email and I ignore it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I do not know whether you are using Windows or IOS. This is a site I used when I had some problems with Outlook 2007 http://www.outlookforums.com/ . You may want to use the search function.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you -- I found them. They were going to my spam folder. The reason I didn't see them was because I hadn't expanded my inbox folder which was where my spam folder was hiding. Duh on my part!!! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I have an iPad & most of our junk mail goes to the bulk mail on my iPad instead of on our desktop or laptops for some strange reason. I also have some mail I want going to the bulk mail folder on my iPad. I agree it may be going to the spam folder & deleting. I would not like that since it's not always spam email.

Honored Contributor

On 9/9/2014 akaburtonfan said:

Thank you -- I found them. They were going to my spam folder. The reason I didn't see them was because I hadn't expanded my inbox folder which was where my spam folder was hiding. Duh on my part!!! Smiley Wink

Ahh, cool! Don't you just love it when a mystery is solved? Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

This has been happening to me, too. This morning, I noticed they quickly went to spam. They are responses from Facebook for me.

How do I stop that in Facebook from coming over into my e-mail account? I feel it's kind of intrusive.

Honored Contributor

Mine is exactly the same OP and I too don't know why. Thus far i would have to say I am not a fan of outlook.

The other day i wanted to send an e mail to multiple addys and had to do them one at a time. PITA.