Honored Contributor

Can anyone help me to get rid of MSN account on my computer?

They are my homepage when I sign in and its annoying because I can't remember my password to get rid of them and go back to yahoo. Any suggestions please?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Can anyone help me to get rid of MSN account on my computer?

Which browser are you using? You need to go into options and choose Yahoo.com as your homepage.

Respected Contributor

You don't need to choose Yahoo. Any website will work.

Super Contributor

Do you just want to change your homepage to yahoo or get rid of the MSN acct altogether? I'm using Firefox for my browser, and here's how it works for me

Just to change your homepage,

-go to Tools at the top (4th tab from the left) of your screen,

-then click Options.

The screen that opens has several tabs.

Under the tab marked General, a box opens up, titled "startup."

A dropdown menu asks: "when Firefox starts use"

The option I click is "go to my homepage."

The box below has an address typed in. In your case, I think it will be www.msn.com. You can change it there to www.yahoo.com, then click OK.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/7/2014 glb613 said:

You don't need to choose Yahoo. Any website will work.

She said she wanted "to go back to Yahoo." So yeah, she needs to choose Yahoo.

Honored Contributor

I have found that whenever I go to a different site, Yahoo, MSN or whatever, there is a prominent button that says "Make this your homepage." Maybe they don't do that anymore, I went to Google years ago and stayed there.

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 depglass said:

I have found that whenever I go to a different site, Yahoo, MSN or whatever, there is a prominent button that says "Make this your homepage." Maybe they don't do that anymore, I went to Google years ago and stayed there.

There are some sites that still have that message. We must be very careful when online and not click on things, especially if you don't understand what it is asking. That's a good way to pick up viruses. Anyway, TO THE OP, follow the directions posted by mustbuyless. If these directions have you confused, come back and post here to let us know. We will try to make it easier to understand.
Honored Contributor

If you are using a Mac go into your browser's Preferences. Select Yahoo as your Homepage.

Regarding passwords: You also need a password manager and/or start selecting passwords that ONLY you can remember & figure out. Keep a written copy of all your passwords in a safe place that ONLY you know where.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Mz iMac said:

If you are using a Mac go into your browser's Preferences. Select Yahoo as your Homepage.

Regarding passwords: You also need a password manager and/or start selecting passwords that ONLY you can remember & figure out. Keep a written copy of all your passwords in a safe place that ONLY you know where.

Hi, Mz iMac!Smile The home page selection isn't specific to the iMac or PC. As I'm sure you know, Macs can use numerous browsers as can PCs.

As mentioned, to select a "home page" for a browser, just go into Preferences or Settings for the browser itself (not the computer preferences/settings) and choose the one you want.

I agree with you about passwords. These days we have so many, and it's imperative to know how to choose a strong one and how to keep up with all of them. There have been a couple of good threads on that topic.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 9/9/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 9/9/2014 Mz iMac said:

Regarding passwords: You also need a password manager and/or start selecting passwords that ONLY you can remember & figure out. Keep a written copy of all your passwords in a safe place that ONLY you know where.<br />

Hi, Mz iMac!Smile The home page selection isn't specific to the iMac or PC. As I'm sure you know, Macs can use numerous browsers as can PCs.

Reason why I specifically stated "go into your browser's Preferences." Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif