Super Contributor

I today's Dell TSV a good deal? Is anyone buying?

I have been in the market for an inexpensive laptop for my own personal use. My desktop is running so slowly now. My daughters use it all the time for so many things. I want one for me that I can protect and count on. This seems like a perfect laptop for me. I have been comparing prices and this seems like a good price. I would love some opinions on this one.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I today's Dell TSV a good deal? Is anyone buying?

{#emotions_dlg.blink} I do not think its a good deal. CS with Dell is horrible, I have had a couple of Dell computers in my time. I have a brand new Toshiba computer which I love! And the customer service people you can understand they are not from India. An a lot of Dell products are being refurbished and that I do not want. If you want a Dell I would go on line and buy it from them directly. I would not buy any electronic from QVC. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

NOT a Dell fan. Have had them and was unimpressed. I got a laptop from HP for a ridiculously low price, I'm typing on it right now and it's so great, I actually use in in favor of a desktop and a fancier laptop I was gifted. This thing rocks. About the same price but a much larger hard drive. If you do photos, you need a big hard drive.

Honored Contributor

I bet you could go out today and find tons of laptops that you could bring home without waiting for shipping.

Unless you need the easypay option; why not do that?

Regarding Dell I am using my 3rd Dell Laptop and have had no problems at all, however I haven't needed the customer service

Super Contributor

I was planning on going out today to look for one. There are some that seem to be around the same price, but they do not have a DVD player, the 4 year virus protection or the 4 year help from Dell. The help from Dell may not be worth anything, but the other 2 items are. I would love Microsoft Office, but I don't want it for just a year. I want it for the life of the computer. I don't like the 365 thing at all.

Thanks for all the replies. I am still confused.

Esteemed Contributor

Let me give you one tip O/P whatever computer you decide on make sure you get it with windows 8.1 . This way you will not have to upgrade from windows 8.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/7/2014 jackthebear said:

I bet you could go out today and find tons of laptops that you could bring home without waiting for shipping.

Regarding Dell I am using my 3rd Dell Laptop and have had no problems at all, however I haven't needed the customer service

JTB hoping you will never have to. There CS is horrific. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Good luck to you if you have to use them in the future.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

On 9/7/2014 Matty6 said:
On 9/7/2014 jackthebear said:

JTB hoping you will never have to. There CS is horrific. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Good luck to you if you have to use them in the future.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I won't, there is a fantastic local place I use

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/7/2014 kcubed said:

I was planning on going out today to look for one. There are some that seem to be around the same price, but they do not have a DVD player, the 4 year virus protection or the 4 year help from Dell. The help from Dell may not be worth anything, but the other 2 items are. I would love Microsoft Office, but I don't want it for just a year. I want it for the life of the computer. I don't like the 365 thing at all.

Some computers come with Microsoft office, not sure if it is for the life of a computer but, I know people who have paid a little extra and have had it for a couple of years. Depending on what you buy most have DVD players.. The 4 year virus protection from a Dell product is unheard of to me. And even then I would not order a electronic from QVC. Just saying. Hope you find one with your specifications.

Honored Contributor

On 9/7/2014 kcubed said:

DVD Player, good point

Anti Virus, you can get that on your own, I use the Microsoft Security Essentials and that works for me, others may disagree.

ITA on the MS Office yearly renewal

You have time to research today, figure out what is most important to you and decide from there.