Honored Contributor

tracfone customer service OY

I want to buy some data time only - no airtime - which is supposed to be an option if you have an android tracfone. However, they keep insisting I give them my airtime card PIN # which, of course, I don't have because I have not purchased an airtime card. the online system just won't let me move to checkout without that PIN. So - i decide to try to just do it over the phone.Well, that went fairly smoothly - except - they are supposed to triple any time I purchase and they did not - they simply added the 300 I purchased without tripling it so now I am again awaiting a call back from them. This is such typical tracfone service - and it is mega aggravating. between the time I was oi the internet and the time now I have been dealing with this for over 2 hours and I am still not done.

Honored Contributor

Re: tracfone customer service OY

Wow, my reply did not post - anyway it took many calls and 2 1/2 hours but I was finally able to do this transaction.

Honored Contributor

Been with TracFone for at least 9 years now and while I have run into a representative that left a bit to be desired! Most of my communications with them have been efficient and done correctly and was done in a matter of minutes to my satisfaction.

There are questionable representatives in every service industry job, but I am of the opinion they are in a small minority, more specifically with Tracfone.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

I signed up with them via QVC a year ago this month. According to their map, I should have excellent reception in my area. Wrong. I cannot dial out from within my home. If I stand in the back or front yard I have to walk until I finally connect a call. People call this phone and never get through.

It's a good thing this phone was to be used for emergencies only. I received 1500 minutes for the year. I have about 1339 minutes left. This service was useless. I am done with them.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/2/2014 HappyAndIKnowIt From NY said:

I signed up with them via QVC a year ago this month. According to their map, I should have excellent reception in my area. Wrong. I cannot dial out from within my home. If I stand in the back or front yard I have to walk until I finally connect a call. People call this phone and never get through.

It's a good thing this phone was to be used for emergencies only. I received 1500 minutes for the year. I have about 1339 minutes left. This service was useless. I am done with them.

I do hope you can go back to your previous wireless company.

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 nutmeg3 said:

I have been with tracfone for years and years now - but this is my first attempt to add data time as it is my first smartphone. If i needed to add min and days I know I need to go buy an airtime card. But this was new to me - apparently , it is also new to them.

the reason I needed to buy data time was because on saturday, while I was sitting in my house - where there is wifi - and not even using my phone 500 min of data disappeared. I called CS and they said they would restore those min but it never happened and try as I may I could not get them to fix it.So I was frustrated going into this .

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/2/2014 happy housewife said:

I have been with tracfone for years and years now - but this is my first attempt to add data time as it is my first smartphone. If i needed to add min and days I know I need to go buy an airtime card. But this was new to me - apparently , it is also new to them.

the reason I needed to buy data time was because on saturday, while I was sitting in my house - where there is wifi - and not even using my phone 500 min of data disappeared. I called CS and they said they would restore those min but it never happened and try as I may I could not get them to fix it.So I was frustrated going into this .

HH Turn the WiFi off in your phone settings when you are not using it, so it does not automatically connect.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 betteb said:
On 9/2/2014 happy housewife said:

HH Turn the WiFi off in your phone settings when you are not using it, so it does not automatically connect.

No No No - when it is on wifi supposedly the internet connection is NOT supposed to use up data time. That is why they were supposed to give me back the 500 min. obviously, none of what was supposed to happen did.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

I don't like to call CS because it can be difficult understanding the rep. However, I really like having a Tracfone and you just can't beat the price. I recently called Europe twice and the call went through with no problems and the voice quality was excellent. That is a sweet deal.