Super Contributor

Voicemail on samsung galaxy 4 s

My husband just got his first smartphone yesterday. Samsung galaxy 4 S. There is no notification on his phone to let him know that he has a voicemail. Looking into it, other customers have talked about using google voice or downloading an app for it. My husband needs the simplest way available to use his phone. Can anyone help us with this? Thanks .
Contributor

Re: Voicemail on samsung galaxy 4 s

You shouldn't need an app. I have a Galaxy S3 but the process should be similar. First check your pull down status page to make sure sound is on. If sound is on but you are not getting notifications go to settings, my device, sound, volume. From there you can move a slider to set volume for notifications.

Trusted Contributor

Sundrops, he might need to call into his voicemail and adjust it there. When I call in there's a menu option of change personal options. Under there turn on or off voicemail notification is a choice. I know I somehow managed to turn mine off by accident. I don't have the Galaxy but I do have a Samsung and I get a little white envelope up in the upper left corner when there is a message. I have to say I almost never hear the little beep that goes with it.

Super Contributor

Thanks so much!! I'll check it out. We both are techno challenged. New gadgets are always hard for us to get a handle on. He'll be a pro with it soon! LOL
Valued Contributor

I just got a Galaxy III and I am techno-challenged as well. Luckily I did find a number of useful videos on YouTube. You could always try there if you are still having problems or need to learn more about your phone

Super Contributor

Thank you mewsmomtoo. I didn't think of YouTube.