Contributor

Any thoughts on the Samsung Camera TSV ?

Seems like a nice camera, not sure about price/ features
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on the Samsung Camera TSV ?

This camera reminds me of my Samsung smartphone with a zoom. I do not like mixing Android with a camera. The Android OS will get old and the apps will not work at some point.

Honored Contributor

The price is the same as Amazon's current price for it. You can buy a camera with similar features with better low-light performance, that also has wi-fi capabilities, for a lot less $$. Canon is one. CNET and photoblog reviewers say it is average-good, i.e. not bad, but not really more than average. It's expensive for what it is.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

As Moonchilde stated, I also found that the price is competitive for this one camera, but not compared to others.

But (and it's a big but!), I was looking around because I'd kind of like to get something newer (my digi cam is almost 10 yrs old) and found a really nice Panasonic (FZ70) that has a HUGE optical zoom and many other features. It's a P&S bridge-type camera. I found this at Amazon for just under $300. Much more camera for sure!

Two of the things that I really use are macro and a good optical zoom, but that might not apply for everybody. This Panasonic I'm looking at has that in spades and the price is amazingly low - even less than this one at QVC today.

Honored Contributor

One thing I might say about today's digicams - so very much can be done with Photoshop-type programs after the shot (and many cameras have some of the same software built into the camera), either free or very cheaply, that for the average user who will share photos online and print 4x6 photos, it's hard to go wrong, and you don't need to spend a fortune.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Too much money to suit me. I am also a guy that believes in specificity both in my electronic devices and my physical training and/or exercises.

For video I want a camcorder/for photo's I want a camera etc. Any combo devices? Cost to much and usually have to compromise on something to manufacture.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Do you know of a good camera for vlogging? Going on a trip next summer and thought I would vlogg our days.

Esteemed Contributor

I took the plunge because I only want to carry my smart phone and a small camera. The features are what I needed at a small size. I am tired of being loaded down with CAMERA and I just needed something new. As for Canon I will never buy another one. Customer Service was a nightmare. Whatever it shows up to be, it has to be better than the camera I have.

Super Contributor

I tried this camera and I returned it (Amazon)....I know my way around cameras but this one didn't take very good photos. It is huge and heavy and I like Android, but didn't want it in a camera.

Super Contributor

On 8/31/2014 darcy3 said:

Do you know of a good camera for vlogging? Going on a trip next summer and thought I would vlogg our days.

Sony cameras have the best video hands-down. Check out the WX350 - that's a great one and it's small and easy to carry, has Wi-Fi too.