Respected Contributor

Lenova laptop help with pictures on desktop

Greetings friends! I have a Lenova laptop (560 I think) and I load my pictures onto the computer under 'pictures' and then when I click on them to save on my desktop, the pictures are HUGE and un-viewable. How can I reduce down the size of my picture? Hitting the Control button and the - doesn't work after they have been loaded on to the computer. Thanks for any help you can offer !

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lenova laptop help with pictures on desktop

I am going to assume you are using window 7. Do a Google search and look for a program ""Window photo viewer"". You can change the size of the photos with this viewer.
Honored Contributor

Most every photo editing program I have used has a way to scale down picture size without losing the aspect ratio of the photo. Here is one I use that you can download for free if you do not have one. It is very simple to do with this program.

If you decide to download and install this program and can't figure out how to resize your photo let me know and I will take you through it step by step.

Photo Editing Program

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Make sure to make a copy of the photo before editing it, so if you mess up you'll still have a good copy.

Honored Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Caffeina said:

Make sure to make a copy of the photo before editing it, so if you mess up you'll still have a good copy.

The photo editing programs I have used work this way. If I edit a photo I have to do a "save or save as" if I want to keep it. Doing a "save" will delete the original unedited photo, but a message pops up and asks "do you want to replace photo(xyz)". I have to say "yes" or the altered photo will be deleted not the one that I edited.

Used several programs over many years and haven't run into one that will let me delete a present photo that I edited without asking if I want to keep it or "replace it" with the edited one.

Just mentioning what I have seen with the editing programs I have used which obviously is not all of them.

hckynut(john)