Trusted Contributor

Anybody planning to get the iphone 6?

I have the 5s and certainly don't need it, but, the reportedly, better camera and larger screen is tempting.

My SO is an architect, and his office has already told the professional staff, that they will be upgrading the phones. This year any architect, and admin staff member, will get their new phones free. NICE!

I don't expect I'll upgrade soon, but, I do want to see them!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody planning to get the iphone 6?

The release of the new IPhone should make things interesting in the phone space. Samsung and the Android makers will probably lower their prices.
Respected Contributor

Yes....I have the 5 with the software upgrade, but will get the 6!
Respected Contributor

About every six months or so a newer and better phone is promoted. There is no way most of us can keep up, and if you want to, it would be very experience.

Super Contributor

I'm probably going to upgrade mine, but will wait a couple of months, to see how the reviews are going once the new iPhone is released. It sounds like it's going to be nice.

Honored Contributor

No. I have a 4s and it is still in perfect condition. It does everything I need it to & I plan to keep it as long as I can.

Valued Contributor

On 8/30/2014 NanciJ said:

I'm probably going to upgrade mine, but will wait a couple of months, to see how the reviews are going once the new iPhone is released. It sounds like it's going to be nice.

I am planning to upgrade to a 6 but also want to wait to hear reviews. My DH wants my 5s. He isnt really not into phones that much but uses an IPad so he wants my phone. He had a chance to get a Galaxy 4 for like .99 but he doesnt want one he wants my iphone. I have a friend at work & my sister also have a galaxy 4 & the pictures are amazing on it. Make my pic's on my iphone look REALLY sick. But I still like the iphone best. My nephew is in college & has a galaxy & I thought he liked it real well but when he heard I was going to get a 6 he told me "I want your Iphone!" but I told him I already promised it to my husband! I really hope it has a better camera!

Honored Contributor

Have just barely paid for my 5s and I actually want the 4" screen, not larger, so not going for the 6, but will be going for the iPad Air 2 since I have an iPad 3.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

On 8/30/2014 henny said:
On 8/30/2014 NanciJ said:

I am planning to upgrade to a 6 but also want to wait to hear reviews. My DH wants my 5s. He isnt really not into phones that much but uses an IPad so he wants my phone. He had a chance to get a Galaxy 4 for like .99 but he doesnt want one he wants my iphone. I have a friend at work & my sister also have a galaxy 4 & the pictures are amazing on it. Make my pic's on my iphone look REALLY sick. But I still like the iphone best. My nephew is in college & has a galaxy & I thought he liked it real well but when he heard I was going to get a 6 he told me "I want your Iphone!" but I told him I already promised it to my husband! I really hope it has a better camera!

Not sure why you're having problems with the iPhone camera. I know professional photographers who sometimes use their iPhones for wonderful photos. There are plenty of articles with careful comparisons, but here are 2 (full articles, with actual photo comparisons, at links):

Camera comparison: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One (M8), Galaxy S4, iPhone 5s, LG G2, Nexus 5, Sony Xp...

" ...you'd be wrong to assume that the Samsung Galaxy S5 stands in a league of its own with its camera. Compared to last year's high-ends, such as the iPhone 5s, the LG G2, and the Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung's new flagship appears to be only slightly better in the camera department. That said, upgrading from one of these to the Galaxy S5 just because of its touted snapper can't be regarded as a justified investment... "

and

Samsung Galaxy S5 camera shootout versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5S

" ...And while each handset had their strength and weaknesses, for the most part, the GS5 outperformed the One M8, with the latter often blowing out and overexposing its photos. Compared to the iPhone 5S, however, the two devices were usually neck and neck. At times we preferred the GS5's color contrast, while there were other photos when the iPhone 5S' even lighting and tone won us over.... "

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I am not sure yet. I think my current iPhone 5 is big a bulky to carry around, can't imagine carrying something bigger. But my eyes sure would appreciate a bigger screen, LOL. I think I have to see it when it comes out? I'd like to go to the store and hold it to see what it would be like. But I will have to wait a few months for and let the crowds die down a bit, after initial excitement of a new product launch from Apple.

Its perfect timing because my contract is up in December, and would get a discount on the new phone. But I am happy with the 5, and could easily continue to use it for another year or so. I'll just wait and see what the 6 is like, then make a decision then.

But...I am very much looking forward to the iOS8 and Yosemite operating system updates. The technology of using all of the devices together, picking up where I left off whether on mobile device or computer, is exciting. I cannot wait to make calls from my computer! I am also very interested in the home and health direction that Apple will take its products.