Valued Contributor

Problems With Adler/Royal Calculator

My adding machine is having a problem printing the numbers out they are very pale. I have changed the ribbon 2 times but it is not helping. I really like my machine and really do not want to buy another one does anyone have any ideas? I have searched on line but I can't find any solutions. Any thoughts would be really appreciated

Honored Contributor

Re: Problems With Adler/Royal Calculator

Hi nafecar,

How old is this machine? Don't know much about them but if they print things, my guess is they have some type of print heads. If these heads wear out, which many do on printers, what you are seeing could possibly be connected to that in some way.

If you have a customer service or technical problem e-mail or phone number for this company, might give that a try. About all I know about these things.

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Re: Problems With Adler/Royal Calculator

Thank you so much for the reply John. My machine is very old (20 yrs or more ) I think you are right about the heads I will look into calling the manufacturer and see if it is possible to get some new ones . I love the machine and she has been with me for so long and I know how to operate her.The thought of buying a new one and learning how it works is not on my ""bucket list"" at 80 plus my learning to do new things are limited Have a nice day. I am looking forward to the race today as well as ""My"" Angels game.