Honored Contributor

I needto buy a cellphone and am interested in the no-contract cellphones that Tracfone offers. I was looking at the LG Dynamic2 but I heard rumors of a few new models coming out soon. I know the second I buy this the new models will be out! Does anyone here have any info on this? I wouldn't mind waiting a month or so but if they're not coming out til next year I would buy one sooner.TIA

Honored Contributor

They always have them before Christmas if you want to wait.

Honored Contributor
On 8/30/2014 Nightowlz said:

They always have them before Christmas if you want to wait.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that Straight Talk has a couple of new models on their website. I think that you pick a monthly plan with them and I rather get a phone from Tracfone, pay up front.

Honored Contributor

If you are waiting to get the "newest and greatest" in any electronic device, including cell phones? You will never be buying one. Technology changes by the day and many times even sooner.

I've had at least 8-9 different TracFones and several different brands. Each one was bought new from hsn because my expiration dates(always 12 months when I buy new phones)were coming near. Each one was an upgraded phone.

Been into the electronic field since the 1950's and anyone waiting to the latest and greatest? Keep on waiting because it ain't going to happen. Find one that does everything you think you need and buy one when you are ready. Give up the "waiting for a new model" because there will always be a newer model shortly down the pike after you purchase one that works for you.

Just a suggestion along with the reality of technology in this age of technological daily advances.

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Check Radio shack for sales - I found a Big Easy style phone on sale for my boyfriend's mother for $10 vs 39.99. Also your local dollar stores, or Walmart.

Super Contributor

I just received the LG Olympus II and I like it. The 1200 minutes last a year, even the minutes I had transferred over to the new phone. The other LG phone I had wouldn't pick up a signal in my house so I would have to go outside if I wanted to use the cell phone. I basically use it as a phone for emergencies while on the road. Now that it works inside my house I may give up my land line. This is a low end smart phone....better than my previous LG which was a wannabe smart phone. The camera is only 3mg but that's OK because this phone is only costing me $10 a month as I don't us a lot of minutes. Gail

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Respected Contributor

I am in the same boat. I currently have Straight Talk and have been happy with it, but since retiring, don't even need their lowest priced plan. So I am waiting for a Tracfone smartphone TSV from either the Q or HSN. These two phones are supposed to be coming out soon, and I believe this information is correct, because the online tutorials are already posted on the Tracfone website. Whichever phone comes out first will be the one that I will get. The LG L34C Optimus Fuel has the latest OS (Kitkat 4.4) but only has a 3.5 in. screen. The Samsung Galaxy Ace Style S765C has the Jelly Bean OS 4.3, but has a 4 in. screen, front and back cameras, and good graphics. Here is information on both phones. HTH!

http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/2014/06/lg-l34c-optimus-fuel-review.html

http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/2014/06/samsung-galaxy-ace-style-s765c-coming.html

Sorry...I can't get the second link to insert, but you can copy and paste the link in your address bar...

ETA: I am waiting to get one from either shopping network, because I can get the best deal there...the phone, a year's worth of minutes, a car charger, house charger, etc.

Honored Contributor

I have the LG Olympus tracfone and I'm quite happy with it. And the price was phenomenal - $179 included the phone , 1200 min each of talk, text and data. And it triples any min you buy. Plus a year of service and an additional 2 year warranty. So for about $15 a month I have a smartphone that does everything I want it to do. Does it do everything a $600 phone does - of course not , but it does all i need and a whole lot more.

i would also like to add that tracfone has great service too - i have never been without service.

Trusted Contributor

I have the LG Optimus Dynamic 2 and really like it. I've had a few Tracfone's, the semi-smart models, and wanted an Android based phone. I liked this one because it had one of the more up to date Android systems (for Tracfone) and a larger screen compared to other models. I bought it Memorial Day weekend on the other channel for 110 with free shipping. They don't seem to have very many models listed for sale so maybe they'll be getting a fresh batch in soon. I would bet new models will be coming out around October, but that's just my opinion.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor
On 8/30/2014 hckynut said:

If you are waiting to get the "newest and greatest" in any electronic device, including cell phones? You will never be buying one. Technology changes by the day and many times even sooner.

I've had at least 8-9 different TracFones and several different brands. Each one was bought new from hsn because my expiration dates(always 12 months when I buy new phones)were coming near. Each one was an upgraded phone.

Been into the electronic field since the 1950's and anyone waiting to the latest and greatest? Keep on waiting because it ain't going to happen. Find one that does everything you think you need and buy one when you are ready. Give up the "waiting for a new model" because there will always be a newer model shortly down the pike after you purchase one that works for you.

Just a suggestion along with the reality of technology in this age of technological daily advances.

I understand that "technology changes". I bought an iPad Air last November and have enjoyed it. I have no problem if a new one is coming out soon as rumored. I do have a problem if I buy something and in less than a month something new and better comes out. I just wish Tracfone would give an estimate as to when these new models will be available.