Regular Contributor
The little battery icon on the top right is green when I plug it in, but it isn't charging? I do see a crack on the charging cord, would this cause that problem. Gonna try a new cord tomorrow.
Respected Contributor

The new charger will probably solve your problem.

Apple chargers tend to get 'shorts' in the connecting wires at the adapter joint.

Honored Contributor
On 8/28/2014 Abrowneyegirl said:

The new charger will probably solve your problem.

Apple chargers tend to get 'shorts' in the connecting wires at the adapter joint.

Yes, it could be that. Also, if "Not Charging" appears in the status bar next to the battery icon, you might not be getting enough power to the iPad, possibly from plugging into an extension cord or power strip.

(eta: I'm not aware of any existing problem with the cords failing, but perhaps I just haven't encountered the reports. I've used the original approved power cords with each of my Apple devices for years without needing to replace them, with one exception, and I'm a wee bit rougher on them than I like to admit.{#emotions_dlg.blushing})

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor
Yes! I've replaced my cord twice, and I think the most recent one is going to last, as it now seems to have extra reinforcement where it plugs into the iPad.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Honored Contributor

We use Android systems but I have lost count of how many bad cords my wife has replaced.

hckynut(john)
Contributor

If you live close to an Apple store, take it in and show them. They will probably replace it for free if it has frayed.

Regular Contributor
My daughter brought her cord over and it charged. So that was the problem. Thanks everyone.