Trusted Contributor

I am using my PC to post this. I can't get on QVC on my Ipad, tells me QVC.com not available. Anyone else with this problem ? I would appreciate any help in troubleshooting this. I can get on QVC with my iphone just fine, but not on my ipad. TIA.

Super Contributor

You can read the thread entitled (something about) ""Fonts"" on the ViewPoints forum to read about the all the issues other posters have been dealing with since QVC has been updating their website.

Contributor

The site hasn't worked for me all day... earlier the site wouldn't come up at all and now the site will come up, but no images load. Even these forums look wonky (the fonts are bigger than normal and there's an error at the top of the page).

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads up ! I just posted on another thread, where others were experiencing the same problem.

Honored Contributor

It's possible the QVC site has been hacked and their IT department is doing some behind the scenes cleanup.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor
On 8/26/2014 Mz iMac said:

It's possible the QVC site has been hacked and their IT department is doing some behind the scenes cleanup.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I don't know which is more frightening that the site might have been hacked or that their IT Department is in charge of cleanup... Personally, I think this is 'planned maintenance' or an 'upgrade' that went awry, as they usually do around here... And, of course, they posted no advance notice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

My first thought was it was hacked.

I got errors: This Connection is Untrusted & Error Retrieving //www.qvc.com

I couldn't get in. When I tried to reply to a thread I was able to log in.

I still can't get to home page:

QVC

We're sorry, but QVC.com is currently unavailable.

To continue purchasing products, please use Automated Ordering by calling 1-800-345-1212.

For all other inquiries, call 1-888-345-5788.

(TDD: 1-800-544-3316)

Honored Contributor
On 8/26/2014 stevieb said:
On 8/26/2014 Mz iMac said:

It's possible the QVC site has been hacked and their IT department is doing some behind the scenes cleanup.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I don't know which is more frightening that the site might have been hacked or that their IT Department is in charge of cleanup... Personally, I think this is 'planned maintenance' or an 'upgrade' that went awry, as they usually do around here... And, of course, they posted no advance notice...

Hi, stevieb! There was no advance notice, but they posted a banner at the top of the page late last night/wee hours of early this morning that they were doing scheduled maintenance on the website.

I knew that was a terrible sign. This sort of mess always happens after their inept technical team tries to make changes here.

A mess indeed.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

eta: I wouldn't start a panic about possible hacking, but frankly I don't save my credit card info on this website anymore. Not since the debacle a couple of years ago when they had a major glitch and displayed other customers' account numbers when we tried to log in.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Pezzie, I was able to log in on my iPad after deleting cookies and website data (just go into Settings, Safari).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Couldn't get on using Chrome but could using IE.