New Contributor

Dell Alienware X51-EDD 09/19

I purchased an Alienware x51 on Aug 21, I received the edd for the 09/19. I was wondering does it really take that long to build a computer and have it ship out.. I was hoping that someone might have order a Alienware in the past and could tell me if it really takes that long.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dell Alienware X51-EDD 09/19

Yes and I might add it can also change. I have ordered 2 Dells over the years from QVC and they get here when they get here.

QVC has no control over these orders. All they do is take the order and the money. Everything else is controlled by Dell. If you call CS and ask them, all they can see if what you can see online. They get updates from Dell when it ships and that's about it.

Customers need to pack their patience when they order electronics like this from QVC. They are not the typical 7-10 products.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
New Contributor

I am patient, I was just asking. I have order things in the past and this is the first time I order a computer. Yes I know they order the computer from dell,which is building the unit. To honest I like that the unit is being build. Just seeing how things are worked.. Thanks for the info.

Super Contributor

i guess they have massive orders in pipeline

New Contributor

Yes. It takes on average 6wks. I was told it's totally different than other computers. They spend more man time on the build of the computer. I think you will be impressed with the quality of this style-Alienware. I know I am spoiled and will always have an Alien. You know it is built for professional gamers. It has much better graphics and better speed. Even though I am not a gamer, I enjoy it so much! Have fun!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

New Contributor

Nice.. when will they charge my CC? I thought that I might have time to make sure the funds where available, but I just found out that my CC will not post my payment to them until Friday.. So now I am sweating lol