Trusted Contributor

how do u save a pic on an HP Chromebook?

I have the built in mouse on it but there is no left or right 'mouse'. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: how do u save a pic on an HP Chromebook?

There should be a right and left side of the trackpad.

Esteemed Contributor

The HP Chromebook comes with a hard drive for local storage. Files saved locally are stored in the Downloads folder. You can also save to external storage media, such as an SD card or a USB flash drive.
Chromebooks come with Google Drive, a built-in Google Cloud Storage service. You can save files directly to Google Drive, which allows you to:
  • Access and transfer files stored on the Web using any Internet-connected device.
  • Share files with others, and save files shared by other people.
  • Sync files to local storage for offline access.
To learn more, visit the Google Drive Web page (in English).
For more information about saving files, refer to the HP support document Working with Files on Your HP Chromebook .
Honored Contributor

When I take a picture on my smartphone it automatically transfers to my computer by bluetooth. Then i can save it to photobucket or store it under downloads. if i want to save a pic from say an e mail I just send it to downloads and from there it can go to photobucket.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to add that my HP chromebook does have both left and right keys on the pad.

Not applicable

I don't save them on my laptop, instead, I save them to Dropbox directly when I saw them on the web, by using Ballloon, you are able to save any file directly to your Dropbox from web, totally bypassing downloading and uploading process, very handy. here to check{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Use two fingers on the trackpad to click. This will bring up the right click menu with copy, paste, save image, etc.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*