Respected Contributor

Help me get rid of this virus.

It's putting ads all over my page. Not just like the usual stuff.

It is called "Powered by delta toolbar" I ran a virus scan and restarted the computer but it is still here. So far I'm only seeing it on Q boards

Respected Contributor

Re: Help me get rid of this virus.

I see it even highlighted the words ""virus scan "" in my OP and attached an ad to it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

When I saw the title of your thread I was going to post to get plenty of rest and drink lots of liquids. I guess that won't help your computer, though. Sorry you are having difficulty. Have you considered having a techie come to your house and work on your computer? We did that and it was money well spent.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Well the good folks here helped me last time so I am hoping they can help with this!

Respected Contributor

Okay, I removed it I think. I googled delta toolbar and got instructions. So far so good.

It is still running a little slow. But at least all those awful ads are gone.

Trusted Contributor

I picked up a similar piece of malware the other evening. I was downloading a software update from a reputable site, and this thing downloaded itself also. Now that it's gone, I can't recall the name.

I'm using Windows 8.1...I went into "control panel", then "Programs", and then into "uninstall a program." I found it there and deleted it. Then I ran my virus scan and all was clear.

So, if you haven't checked your Programs list, it could still be lurking there.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/24/2014 only shops online said:

I picked up a similar piece of malware the other evening. I was downloading a software update from a reputable site, and this thing downloaded itself also. Now that it's gone, I can't recall the name.

I'm using Windows 8.1...I went into "control panel", then "Programs", and then into "uninstall a program." Powered by Delta Toolbar" I found it there and deleted it. Then I ran my virus scan and all was clear.

You can scan your computer with free Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Super Contributor

I have friends that work in the computer security field.

I get all my free software at www dot filehippo dot com .... guaranteed to be clean.

Go there and download BOTH malewarebytes and superantispyware. READ the instructions carefully as they offer a free professional trial when you download.

Respected Contributor

On 8/24/2014 only shops online said:

I'm using Windows 8.1...I went into "control panel", then "Programs", and then into "uninstall a program." I found it there and deleted it. Then I ran my virus scan and all was clear.

That's what happened. THe only site that I could have gotten it from was HP. And yes, thank you, I did remove it from my programs list.

Respected Contributor

I was having similar problems a couple days ago. I just restored my computer to a previous date and that seems to have fixed it.