Frequent Contributor
Hello, I'm going to be purchasing something on QVC for the very first time, a PS4 on easy pay, and am wondering how long shipping takes? The EDD is for 4 weeks out. Does it really take that long?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping on electronics?

You should call CS and ask.

Honored Contributor

No.... from my experience. It depends on where you live & how far you are from the shipping warehouse as explained to me from CS.

Once you get the USP tracking number, keep track of your order.

I also had an initial 4 week delivery date for a vacuum. The vacuum came 2 weeks after purchased instead of the EDD.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Frequent Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Mz iMac said:

No.... from my experience. It depends on where you live & how far you are from the shipping warehouse as explained to me from CS.

Once you get the USP tracking number, keep track of your order.

I also had an initial 4 week delivery date for a vacuum. The vacuum came 2 weeks after purchased instead of the EDD.

Sounds good. Thanks. How long did it take to get your tracking number?
Honored Contributor

Yes, electronics take a very long time to be delivered, they are not part of the 7-10 day timeline for most products. And if they are computers and making them to order, they take longer than 4 weeks in some instances.

Almost all electronics ship directly from the manufacturer. Your order will sit "in process" for a very long time. If you call QVC CS all they can do is "send a message" to the manufacturer and see if they can get an update (and they usually don't). The information you see in your account will be the same thing CS sees on their screen. They have to wait for the manufacturer to update the system to let them know the status. It is completely out of QVC's hands.

It is a long, drawn out and very frustrating process for many people. If you go back to last October/November, you will see many many posts from people upset that their PSs and Dells and other electronics were not delivered when they thought they would be.

Pack your patience and you will be fine.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

On 8/20/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Yes, electronics take a very long time to be delivered, they are not part of the 7-10 day timeline for most products. And if they are computers and making them to order, they take longer than 4 weeks in some instances.

Almost all electronics ship directly from the manufacturer. Your order will sit "in process" for a very long time. If you call QVC CS all they can do is "send a message" to the manufacturer and see if they can get an update (and they usually don't). The information you see in your account will be the same thing CS sees on their screen. They have to wait for the manufacturer to update the system to let them know the status. It is completely out of QVC's hands.

It is a long, drawn out and very frustrating process for many people. If you go back to last October/November, you will see many many posts from people upset that their PSs and Dells and other electronics were not delivered when they thought they would be.

Pack your patience and you will be fine.

Yikes, longer than 4 weeks? Thanks for the info.
Honored Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Toni 973 said: Hello, I'm going to be purchasing something on QVC for the very first time, a PS4 on easy pay, and am wondering how long shipping takes? The EDD is for 4 weeks out. Does it really take that long?

Deliver times can very from a few days to a few weeks, or even longer. When it comes to electronics, especially big heavy items, a lot depends of the manufacturer. Like a computer may not even be built yet and so forth. Also depends on how many are in stock at their warehouses.

I can tell you from my experiences of buying from online retailers and shopping networks for couple decades now, my best ones have been with places like Amazon and HSN when it comes to their deliveries being very close to their estimated time of delivery, and many times even sooner. As far as QVC? Can't remember the last time I bought anything here, but my wife?

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

I have not looked at the product description page for the PS4 (item mentioned by the Original Poster), but in general -- a QVC electronics item with a 4-week estimated delivery time must be on Advance Order. Regular delivery of an item that is in stock does not take anywhere near that long, even if you do not request expedited service.