Respected Contributor

Remanufactured Ink Cartridges

First, I hope this is the correct forum to ask a question.

Have any of you bought replacement (remanufactured) ink cartridges? If so, what's your experience been? Good, bad, indifferent? Buying brand new cartridges would cost almost as much as a new printer. We were at Costco today and 3 color and 3 black printer (564XL for my HP printer) cartridges would cost over $100 Terrible. Anyway, I saw an on-line store, LD Products that sells the remanufactured cartridges and their prices and guarantee are very good. A set of 9 for this printer is $58.41. No shipping because it's over $50. Have any of you bought from this store? Can you suggest a reliable on-line store from which to buy?

TIA.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remanufactured Ink Cartridges

You may want to check Walgreen.

Super Contributor

Yep. I haven't had mush luck with them or with refilling my own cartridges. When it was time to replace my all in one I picked one with good prices on cartridges, and also, with all the different colored cartridges. Cheaper that way. I rarely use anything but black. HP have very expensive cartridges. But $100 for 6 cartridges is not bad at all. That is between $15 and $20 per cartridge, and XL at that. I used to pay at least twice that much.
Honored Contributor

We just ordered ours off of Amazon and have never had a problem with them.

Honored Contributor

I order from compandsave.com; they have inkjet replacement cartridges for almost all makes and models; I paid $1.99 for them last time I ordered; they are having a sale most of the time; they are identical to brand new ones' never had any issues with them.

Honored Contributor

I have had good results from Ink4Art.com

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I buy mine on EBay. Never had any problems with them. I just bought a 20 pk color/black for $30 to split with my MIL since she has the same printer. Bought a 12 pk color & 4 pk black for DH for $17. Before you buy a new printer make sure you can buy remanufactured cartridges. I read some companies are going to put chips in their printers so they know if you are not using their cartridges. Don't know if this is something they are already doing are going to do. I only buy printers that use individual cartridges.

Super Contributor

I wouldn't recommend it. I tried it once and it messed up the printer - HP Inkjet. Lesson learned.

We have used LD cartridges for about 7 yrs now on HP and Lexmark Printers with no problems at all. If a cartridge for some reason doesn't work, they will exchange with no problem. All these cartridges from manufacturer or replace have digital coding and time date and sometimes the printer will refuse to accept them. LD is reasonable in price. Good Luck to you.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Canada. Costco does ours. I had difficulty with one and they gave me a full refund. These days, printers are sometimes cheaper than the cartridges!