Honored Contributor

You've heard of tech geeks, well I am the anti-tech geek. I'm totally out of element when it comes to this stuff. I'm interested in the Le Pan tablet because my Kindle Fire doesn't do everything I would like it to do. My Kindle Fire was incredibly easy to use, easy to set up and is very user friendly. I need that. Can someone who owns both or is knowledgeable about both tablets, tell me if this Le Pan is as easy and user friendly as a Kindle Fire.....I greatly appreciate any responses. Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Regarding the LePan TSV....

Hi.

Getting out of the gate is always a challenge. This tablet offers way more than the Kindle (and I LOVE my Kindle Fire HD 8.9), but patience is going to have to be your starting point. I'm "anti-tech," too, but I do know what I like to do and can normally find my way and what I don't know I stay away from until I research it. I found the set up to be extremely easy.

This LePan offers so much and I always learn something new as I go along, like this: I've never been great with saving and returning to bookmarks on my Kindle, though I would eventually find it. But here, I can save my bookmarks to the Home page (YAY!). I'll figure out the bookmarked Favorites later. Right now the only thing I will miss about my Kindle (when I transition over to this tablet full time) is listening to Whispernet read to me. I have added the Amazon app to this and can access all my books, so I'll have to go back to reading to myself. It does offer Audible at a monthly fee, but I'm not interested in that at this time.

Contributor

Re: Regarding the LePan TSV....

I had and hated the kindle fire, hate the carrousel and the limited app store etc. I bought the TSV! I went and looked at the display model at OfficeMax ($129.00 on sale but out of stock). My mom bought it last month and loves it. I just want no lag and smooth performance in a light weight thin tablet, and that is what I saw playing with it at OfficeMax. It was actually my favorite one they had there. I also like the 4:3 ratio and the 8 inches much better than the 7 inch ones and feel the 10 inches is too big and heavy. Plus there are 5 or so months to decide and ship it back.