Esteemed Contributor

LePan Mini 8" Quad Core 8GB WiFi Android Tablet w/Google Play ADVICE

NEED ADVICE

1. Does it have a good camera to take pictures?

2. Is it the latest model or in most cases are they clearing stock for the next latest greatest?

3. Does it play Facebook games as in Candy Crush? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

4. Not being a name brand (good price, however) is it as good a product?

I can be sold anything in electronics. My weakness. That is why I research. I checked Amazon and I am not sure the models are the same. Lots of pros and cons. I guess that is true of everything.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LePan Mini 8"" Quad Core 8GB WiFi Android Tablet w/Google Play ADVICE

I am bumping this a bit. I am really interested in "taking advantage" of your expertise. Someone out there must have an opinion. If there is no response I will put it to rest. I cannot ask the Q, they are selling it.

Occasional Contributor

Respected Contributor

Hi bonnielu,

You need to research some things for yourself, so here is helpful information for you.

Model# TC802A (this is the newest tablet from Le Pan).

Look at the Le Pan web site, and click on the tablet and read what it offers....Lepantab.com

Also go back to the today's special on the QVC home page and read all of the questions and answers, since many of them will answer your questions and you can also ask questions if you wish.

Many internet reviews for this specific model are favorable.

Check reviews on Amazon and do a general search for reviews for LePan Model TC802A tablet and read what the various sites state.

Unless you are willing to spend a lot more $ to buy an ipad or a different extremely well know brand of tablet which is much more expensive, this seems to be very reasonably priced, and unlike the older LePan models, this specific one got very good reviews.

Just remember to add the extra warranty to play it safe, so if a problem arises you are covered for the 1 year, and then for the additional time as well.

Remember you can test this out and if not truly happy can return it for a full refund to QVC by the end of January 2015, since QVC is giving the same holiday return time frame as the electronics purchased during their Christmas in July sales.

Good Luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, I did check with Amazon and the some of the review were good, really good and then there is always someone who doesn't like it.

I am still interested and will probably get it.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

I hope it works out for you bonnielu, and you are very welcome.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Case for the le pan if anyone needs one at Amazon. iShoppingdeals - for Le Pan Mini 8-INCH (TC802A) Tablet PU Leather Folio Cover Case, comes in various colors.

by iShoppingdeals
10 customer reviews

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by iShoppingdeals. $13.99
  • Faux-Leather, Leather-Like
  • Durable Material Protects Your Device from Scratches and Bumps
  • Auto-Securing Magnetic Closure Flap for the Best Combination of Security and Ease of Use
  • Cutouts for Charging Port, Rear Camera, Volume Button, and Power Button
  • Compatible With Le Pan Mini 8 (TC802A) ONLY (Device Not Included)
Esteemed Contributor

I am going to go for this one with a service contract. I have an older tablet and it is slowing up and does not have the SD card. It also does not have the front facing camera. I have camera envy when I see others taking pictures with their tablets. I am an Android gal and am not interested in the Apple tablets that my family and friends seem to have. I love the google play store.

Esteemed Contributor

I am debating, too.....I purchased one at midnight...and now have three in my cart for the Grands....but not sure being four of them are expensive...the three grands have Ipods but I notice two of them take my tablets to play other games on them...

My SIL bought five of them during CIJ....don't know if she has them yet...but I know they would not open them till Christmas...so they won't be any help right now as to how good they are....

New Contributor

Do they sell Le Pan case too? Would love to get one to match the unit I bought for mom.

Esteemed Contributor

I caved and bought it. My tablet was getting old. I travel and don't want to take a laptop and this one seems to be purse size and weight. I actually gave my laptop to my daughter. I feel it will be okay with a service contract.