Super Contributor

Shop HQ Audiovox Tablet help needed

So I got this and it has NO directions for the keyboard that came with it...I can get NO help from them or the company! I can't get the keyboard in that case to work. I turned on the bluetooth, I charged it up...I don't know what else to do. It just says no device available or something like that. When I use that keyboard, do I have to plug the charging cable into the Tablet? Please help me so I don't have to return this. It is a nice item otherwise.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shop HQ Audiovox Tablet help needed

You have to go into the setting of the tablet and turn on the Bluetooth. The two devices will find each other and pair.

This is the service manual for the tablet setting info is on pages 22,41 and Bluetooth 27

http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/T852/T852_OM.pdf

You need to find the service guide for the keyboard online, and how to make it pair.

Respected Contributor

With my Zagg Bluetooth keyboard, I have to pair it with my iPad. There is button on the case/keyboard and a setting in the iPad that I used to pair the two devices. Once it's paired, it does it automatically. How to pair your devices may differ so check the owner's manual for the specific instructions for your device.

Frequent Contributor

In my case to pair my headphones to my tablet, on the headphones I had to press and hold the on/off switch/button until the LED light started flashing. This put the headphones into discovery mode for the tablet to find. Then it showed under my tablet's bluetooth. I tapped it and it started pairing.

I don't have any experience yet with bluetooth keyboards, but if it has an on/off switch/button maybe the hold feature will work for it as well.

Good luck.

LadyA

Honored Contributor

Hi, again, KayinMN! I'm sorry you're still having problems.

Did you try registering your product and contacting support, with the info I posted in your other thread in Beauty Banter on this topic? Here's a copy of part of what I posted, fyi:

"Looks like you can communicate with their support folks by going here on their website:

http://www.audiovoxproducts.com/support/?kw=T852

You might need to register your product with them?"

and

"I looked at ShopHQ just now. Did you purchase item 448-942? If so, they do have some online instructions in the description on their product page:

http://www.shophq.com/Offer/Default.aspx?OfferCode=448-942&icid=OnAirLive-_-448-942&cm_re=OnAirLive...

For warranty and product support, please call: 1-800-645-4994. Keyboard Case Technical Support: 1-800-788-7618, ext. 1240."

I use a wireless keyboard with my Apple devices.

Not knowing the specific brand/model of your keyboard, the only other thing I can think of is to check to be sure the battery is good and that the keyboard is turned on.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

seriously, the website is no help. I did go to settings and did what you all said...turned on bluetooth button and the LINK button on the keyboard in the case...nothing happens. Shop HQ is NO help and the website can't answer any trouble shooting questions. Should I just take it to the nerds at Best Buy? Do you think they can help?

Super Contributor

Is there an on button on the keyboard? Maybe you need to turn the keyboard on first before you try to link it through Bluetooth.
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/1/2014 KayinMN said:

seriously, the website is no help. I did go to settings and did what you all said...turned on bluetooth button and the LINK button on the keyboard in the case...nothing happens. Shop HQ is NO help and the website can't answer any trouble shooting questions. Should I just take it to the nerds at Best Buy? Do you think they can help?

IMHO send this junk back to Shop HQ while you can. I would not pay the Geek Squad money for service. I would find a Samsung tablet.

Honored Contributor

On 8/1/2014 nutmeg3 said:

IMHO send this junk back to Shop HQ while you can. I would not pay the Geek Squad money for service. I think would find a Samsung tablet.

I agree completely, nutmeg3. If the keyboard's on, the battery's good, and all the other trouble-shooting steps have been taken, and it's still not working? There's no way I'd spend more money on this device. There are so many other choices on the market, with great reviews and excellent support.

jmo ymmv

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

On 8/1/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 8/1/2014 nutmeg3 said:

IMHO send this junk back to Shop HQ while you can. I would not pay the Geek Squad money for service. I think would find a Samsung tablet.

I agree completely, nutmeg3. If the keyboard's on, the battery's good, and all the other trouble-shooting steps have been taken, and it's still not working? There's no way I'd spend more money on this device. There are so many other choices on the market, with great reviews and excellent support.

jmo ymmv

I third that opinion. Plus I would make them pay for shipping to ship it back. It's obviously defective.