Occasional Contributor

Watching a DVD on my HP laptop?

Have a question, when I start the DVD, I get a full screen but if I hit pause or try to adjust volume then I cannot get rid of the buttons at the bottom and info at the top. I've gone into everything I can think of but nothing gives me back my full screen. I hate watching a movie with all that info. Does anyone know what needs to be changed?
Honored Contributor

Re: Watching a DVD on my HP laptop?

I've never owned a laptop so I am only guessing. Have you tried to click in the middle of the picture when it is playing with all the info being displayed? Many videos I watch on my desktop will do this and some go away on their own and some others I have to actively click somewhere on it to remove all the info stuff.

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I am sorry, am too lazy to go put a DVD in my laptop - try clicking on the bottom of the picture, there might be an icon to change the viewing choices (like on QVC you can go full screen or not), maybe something is keeping all the info/icons on the screen that you can turn off? Otherwise, I would call your laptop's C/S, heck you paid for it, you s/b able to watch it the way you want to. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first!

Occasional Contributor

I've clicked and right clicked all over the place because I use to do it on my old laptop. There is a setting somewhere, it's just not there for me. I must be missing something. On my old laptop I had to move the mouse off the screen and all info would disappear. Back to the drawing board or I guess I'll have to call HP.
Trusted Contributor

What media player are you using?

Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 Caffeina said:

What media player are you using?

Yeah, I think this is going in the right direction. How the media player responds could be the default of the player itself. You might be able to change the settings or you might need to try a new media player. Without knowing what you're using now, we can't provide much more info.

I have an HP, but that doesn't mean we're using the same software to play DVDs and different models may have been bundled with different software or versions.

Respected Contributor

Try pressing the esc key.

Occasional Contributor

It's the Cyberlink Power DVD12. I will play around some more before I call HP. Thanks.
Trusted Contributor

At the bottom of the player to the left of the arrows is a thing that looks like a hammer and some other tool. Click that, then choose player in the menu on the left. Check the box that says "run full screen." Does that help?

I'm just guessing. I have the player but never used it. If you click the question mark in the upper right it'll open Help.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/25/2014 cottonjenn said: It's the Cyberlink Power DVD12. I will play around some more before I call HP. Thanks.

I've got an HP laptop also and that media player is buggy in my opinion. I know it comes up as soon as you put in a dvd but I usually close it and use Windows Media Player instead and it works great

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter