Regular Contributor
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Occasional Contributor
Power-cycle -- turn it off and on.
Regular Contributor
You could provide more info, or just throw it in the trash.
Honored Contributor
On 7/23/2014 WIlliam Joseph said: You could provide more info, or just throw it in the trash.

If you don't have anything helpful to say why don't you just skip the thread?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor
What is slow about it? Is it slow all of the time, at home and if you are somewhere else? What specifically are you doing when you notice it being slow?
Contributor
You may have a lot of apps open. Double click the home button. That'll show all the open apps on the bottom of your screen. Hold down one until they jiggle, then click on the x to close each one down.
Super Contributor
On 7/23/2014 WIlliam Joseph said: You could provide more info, or just throw it in the trash.
Gosh William......got milk?
Contributor

Maybe you need to close some apps. You may already know this, but my mom did not... The apps don't really close until you double push (quickly) the circle button which will then show the open apps all lined up. Swipe them up to get rid of them (that's the new iOS).

The older models, you double push the circle button, then a row of icons shows up at the bottom. You push on one of the icons until an X appears on it (see Note about this below before doing it). Then you X them all off.

NOTE: *Do NOT do this on the main screen because this is also how you delete a program. If you do by accident you can always re-download from the appstore without having to buy it again, but you might lose something you've worked on.

Sorry if this was too simple, but you'd be surprised how many people don't know.

I'd agree with the powering off as well. And that does not mean pressing the button on top quickly. You hold that down until you get a message to slide bar across screen to actually turn the device off.

Ha! M2P you beat me to it {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Do you mean it's slow while using the internet? If so, try clearing the browser history. When I'm using my iPad mini while browsing this forum, I find that it works faster if I clear the history every 5-10 minutes. Having lots of photos & videos in the camera roll can also slow it down. Have you checked in settings to see how much space is available? I found that mine worked faster when I deleted some videos.

Honored Contributor
I have an iPad2 with a lot of stuff on it, although not nearly to the limits of its memory, but it's slow too. I also have a Mini w. retina Display that's MUCH faster. I want to wait until I find out what I need for graduate school before I buy anything new so I'm just chugging along 'till I decide what to get next. My workhorse at home is an old MacBook Pro that still works like a champ.