Frequent Contributor

TSV Tablet day before yesterday

I am on advance order for this tablet. Does anyone know what brand it would be if they "put their name on it"? I want it for traveling to find hotels and sight overseas (Turkey and Greece) Not especially computer literate but want to know if this is a good deal. Thanks,Sonnie

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV Tablet day before yesterday

I was on advanced order, too....and cancelled it....

It only has a four to five hour battery life before it needs to be charged...frankly that disturbed me....if they are suppose to be some "big name" why would they not have an 8 to 10 battery life like so many other tablets they are out there these days....

I have a Samsung and a Nook both have the 8 to 10 hours before I need to charge them...and if you are going to use yours for travel...and GPS...I would opt for another brand..something with a brand name and something that you won't have to worry about charging just when you need it the most...

Esteemed Contributor

The tablet you brought is not a good value. If you only own one tablet an iPad Air or iPad Mini are you best choices. Apple products are user friendly. You can look for more info at Apple's site.

Esteemed Contributor

If you want an android tablet, the Google Nexus is by far and away the best reviewed android tablet on the market right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-Tablet-7-Inch-Model/dp/B009X3UW2G/ref=psdc3_t1_B00DVFLJDS_B009X3U...

nutmeg recommended and Apple product and that's ok, Apple make as fine product. You just need to know that there are a lot more apps available for android tablets than there are for Apple.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I agree the tablet the OP bought is not a good value.

Also . . . it's not true that there are a ""lot more"" apps for android than Apple. I think they both have about the same number of app choices.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

If I were purchasing a tablet I would stick to the big companies (Apple, Samsung, etc.) and find one that was within my budget. If none of them were in my budget I would wait a bit to save more money or look into refurbished products offered by the big companies.

Kindle Fire HD is 119-129 on Amazon. I don't know if that's a special sale or if they're always like that, but I thought that was a pretty good deal. I'm not sure how the web browsing is on it, but there are enough Kindle owners on this board that you could get some info from them about their experiences. You'll want a decent web browser if you'd like to look up things while traveling.

I have an iPad Mini and love it. I received it as a Christmas gift last year. My mom got one for her birthday in February and she loves it and uses it a lot in her classroom for documentation picture taking that is required nowadays. She's more open to learning technology than my dad. He got his iPad Mini for Father's Day and is enjoying it, but I don't think he's at the "loving it" stage yet. Hopefully one day! His sister also bought an iPad Mini in February. She is not technological at all and is doing really well with hers and within the past couple months she's told me that she loves it. I'm so happy she's getting so much use out of it.

I hope you find something that you love. There are so many choices out there. Sometimes that's both good and bad. It took me a long time to choose what tablet I wanted. Happy travels to you!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Frequent Contributor

The reviews on amazon ( and other sites) of this brand tablet are excellent. It sounds to me like the posters don't have this brand or even this tablet so I don't think a person should be so definite on how it would perform. I ordered it and will wait to see what its like. I remember how negative the reviews were for the kindle before it actually came out and now people love them. I own a Samsung note 10.1 and several kindles and love them all. I researched this brand LePan and the reviews were excellent. I cant wait to get the one I ordered for my husband who is just starting out in the tech world. I will write an honest review after we've had it for awhile.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the others - I'd go for a name brand if you want quality. With this sort of thing, generics are not a good choice at all.

Honored Contributor

I would never buy a no-name tablet. Go with Kindle Fire, it's not much more than the mystery brand one.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/20/2014 betteb said:

If you want an android tablet, the Google Nexus is by far and away the best reviewed android tablet on the market right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-Tablet-7-Inch-Model/dp/B009X3UW2G/ref=psdc3_t1_B00DVFLJDS_B009X3U...

nutmeg recommended and Apple product and that's ok, Apple make as fine product. You just need to know that there are a lot more apps available for android tablets than there are for Apple.

The Google Play Store has thousands and thousands of apps. Most of these apps are for smartphones. Many of the apps will work on a tablet, but they were not developed for the them. I have had a few apps that would install on a tablet, but would not run.

I have the Nexus 7 2013(32GB) tab. It is a very nice product, with a great battery life. A person needs to know this device might update when you first start using it. If the Android is not updated to Kit Kat. An iPad is a much easier product to use.