Valued Contributor

No forum categories to left of screen

I had to get a new laptop which has the windows 8.1 installed. I don't see the forum index on the left of the discussions anymore. If I want to go to For the home talk, for example, I can't find it except in the search field.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm using Google chrome which I have always used. All I see to the left is advance search but when I click on that, nothing happens.

Is there a way to fix this or do I need to use another browser?

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Trusted Contributor

Re: No forum categories to left of screen

I have two Windows 8.1 computers, and don't have that problem with either. Works fine with IE 11 and Firefox 30.

Honored Contributor

Left a reply for you on Viewpoints. Was going to leave a link for you there if I didn't see your post here. Knew at least that way you would be able to find this forum.

I have Windows 7, but this sounds more like a setting issue to me than and Operating System issue. I mentioned screen resolution in my VP reply along with the reboot and trying a different browser suggestion.

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Thanks, John. I saw your post. It has to be a setting on Chrome because it works fine on IE.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Valued Contributor

I figured out the problem with Chrome. My autofill extension was blocking it for some reason.

Happy to have my menu back.