Super Contributor

Melissa Dawson Presenting LaPan Tablet

I thought she did a great job presenting the tablet, as opposed to the gentleman I saw eariler in the day.

Didn't Melissa used to be on HSN typically presenting prepaid cell phones?

Super Contributor

Re: Melissa Dawson Presenting LaPan Tablet

Doesn't look like a bad deal for the features it has. Especially if you are traveling with it or letting kids use it - better than $300 - $500 for an Apple Ipad - very nice, but with kids - kids will be kids... Smiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

Yes, Melissa used to be on HSN presenting prepaid cell phones and possibly other electronics.

So this is what she's doing on QVC. She made a "cameo appearance" during the midnight LePan show with Jane - camera went over to her sitting off to the side of the set, and she said a few words. If they mentioned what she would be presenting, I had missed it.

I enjoyed her work on HSN, and hope to see more of her in the future.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/18/2014 SiameezeLover! said:

Doesn't look like a bad deal for the features it has. Especially if you are traveling with it or letting kids use it . . .

I laugh at the hosts, both on QVC and HSN, as they present less expensive tablets and try to tactfully say "if you don't want your kids to use your GOOD tablet, buy this." I understand what they mean, but obviously they have to be careful how they say it. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

At least some of them appear to be honest in saying or implying that they have iPads, but would recommend the less expensive tablets in certain situations.

Not applicable

I remember Melissa Dawson as an electronic expert on HSN. So glad to see her presenting her electronics savvy on QVC rather than HSN. She has a wonderful way of explaining electronic products I believe better with the QVC audience rather than HSN. Looking forward to seeing her present more and more electronics.

Honored Contributor

She is a good rep.

Respected Contributor

Melissa is a real pro and was on HSN for quite a long time as a tech consultant.

Glad she came to QVC as she gives a wonderful full fledged pro presentation.

She is also a Grandmother, and has a 14 month old grandson.

Contributor

She explained on her Facebook page that she made the move to QVC because it's much closer to where she lives in Virginia. Also said she misses her HSN friends.