Valued Contributor

Advice welcome - re:- Adobe Flash Player

When I downloaded an update for ITunes, it also downloaded Google Chrome. I did not want that so I removed it. I'm not sure how or why my Adobe Flash Player is not working now. I searched for it but it is empty. I was going to download a new Adobe Flash Player but Norton stopped me saying it was unsafe. Help.................

Regular Contributor

Re: Advice welcome - re:- Adobe Flash Player

Updates to Itunes never include GOOGLE anything. They are at war.
Valued Contributor

My mistake I guess. It must have downloaded with some other update.

Regular Contributor

On 7/16/2014 WIlliam Joseph said: Updates to Itunes never include GOOGLE anything. They are at war.

TRUE....that is a major understatement. Remove Adobe and reinstall....but be sure to completely uninstall it first

Valued Contributor

On 7/16/2014 WIlliam Joseph said: Updates to Itunes never include GOOGLE anything. They are at war.

Well stated, William! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

To the OP, iTunes didn't download Chrome; you must have done so at another time. I highly recommend that you consider another virus protection other than Norton, which is known to interfere and wreak havoc on Macs. But ... to get your Flash Player working again, just launch Safari or Firefox (whichever browser you use). Adobe will alert you that you need the flash player and present the safe link for you to download and install that way, on the spot.

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 AspenGrove said:

Well stated, William! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

To the OP, iTunes didn't download Chrome; you must have done so at another time. I highly recommend that you consider another virus protection other than Norton, which is known to interfere and wreak havoc on Macs. But ... to get your Flash Player working again, just launch Safari or Firefox (whichever browser you use). Adobe will alert you that you need the flash player and present the safe link for you to download and install that way, on the spot.

The OP didn't specify what type of computer she was using. She might have downloaded iTunes on her PC. If it is a Mac, I agree running Norton on it isn't a good idea.

To Nicecupoftea: It sounds like you might have downloaded your software from an unreliable website. Please, always go directly to the website that creates and updates a software package and download the original software and all updates from there. (Avoid pop-ups telling you to download from them, by the way.)

In the case of iTunes, go to Apple.com or go to their link: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. In the case of Adobe Flash Player, go to Adobe.com or their link: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.html.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova