Contributor

Information on how to get anti virus protection for new Ipad

just got a new Ipad and I was wondering in anyone could tell me where I can get some anti-virus protection and how would I get it on my device. I am not very good when it comes to electronic toys. TIA for any advice

Honored Contributor

Re: Information on how to get anti virus protection for new Ipad

Why not go to your local Apple store?

Apple products don't get viruses the way Windows systems do.

Respected Contributor

I don't have an ipad, so you may get more useful information from others. But, I was able to download a virus-scanning app (for free) on my Kindle Fire. Apple products usually have the best apps, so check our your app store.

Contributor

I was trying to download some free aps, but they wanted my name mailing address and credit card information before they could do it so that was the reason why I was asking because I didn't feel comfortable putting that information on there without asking someone first.

Respected Contributor

Good point, lilbit - I wouldn't give my credit card info. either! That's never a good idea when it's supposed to be "free"!

Esteemed Contributor

Apples don't get viruses. I wouldn't worry about it AT ALL. I have been using MACs since 1990 and I have never had a virus on any of my computers or mu IPAD

Esteemed Contributor

@William Joseph. You win for the most ridiculous post ever.

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 suzeecat said:

Good point, lilbit - I wouldn't give my credit card info. either! That's never a good idea when it's supposed to be "free"!

ITA. Don't give them your credit card #. There are some places online I won't shop at because I don't want to give them that info. At least using Paypal you give it to them to process an order & they don't give out that info.

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 lilbitnfla said:

I was trying to download some free aps, but they wanted my name mailing address and credit card information before they could do it so that was the reason why I was asking because I didn't feel comfortable putting that information on there without asking someone first.

you need an Itunes account to download anything for your iPad, have you set up an account for your Ipad?

Once you have done that just delete your CC # and you will be able to get your free apps.

Contributor

they said I have to go on to I tunes first and register there first before they will let me download any aps. So I tried doing that and that's when they started asking me for all that information