Super Contributor

I saw this new HP laptop E226358 on the website does anyone know if this is the TSV for July 13 in Computer Shop? If it is the TSV anyone know the price.

Esteemed Contributor

I checked this computer out online. The item at HP and other places is slightly different. HP Pavilion 17-f040us This is a nice computer, but the price is a little steep.

I even saw this model number on a Deal site for a few dollars less that links to HP.

Super Contributor

I heard from qvc they said this is the TSV for Sunday July 13 but I don't know the price. They didn't tell me they only said this was one of the choices. I figured this was the TSV because it is a computer shop and this was the only new computers.

Trusted Contributor

I imagine 'one of the choices' means there will be a 15.6" version also.

I love these HP computers, bought 3 last year. (yes, I know, go elsewhere, cheaper etc etc).

I CHOOSE to get it from QVC, but here is what I am noticing with recent computers (Both Dell and HP), when they are a TSV.

They have changed from the normal 6-cell battery to a 4-cell battery. Makes me wonder if that is where they pinch their pennies, because these computer offers really ARE nice packages (with the add on's of support, and life time Anti-virus, etc.)

The price usually comes very close to putting together ALL of the specs either online at the mfg'er, or trying to find a comparable at a brick and mortar and then buying the additional stuff (not the games or cookbook stuff, the lifetime help, lifetime AV).

SO, this is the 3rd TSV I have noticed the battery is now a 4-cell. I cannot for the life of me believe a 4-cell would get much time on battery? Even a 6-cell is never more than a few hours? I have even bought a 9-cell for one of my Dells, and 9-cell batteries are AWESOME!

A 4-cell battery to run a 17" very graphic operating system (those tiles rolling live take battery life, then add how much is running in the background on Windows 8) seems odd.

Not sure when they changed, because the ones I bought have 6 cell batteries.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/10/2014 gabstoomuch said:

I imagine 'one of the choices' means there will be a 15.6" version also.

I love these HP computers, bought 3 last year. (yes, I know, go elsewhere, cheaper etc etc).

I CHOOSE to get it from QVC, but here is what I am noticing with recent computers (Both Dell and HP), when they are a TSV.

They have changed from the normal 6-cell battery to a 4-cell battery. Makes me wonder if that is where they pinch their pennies, because these computer offers really ARE nice packages (with the add on's of support, and life time Anti-virus, etc.)

The price usually comes very close to putting together ALL of the specs either online at the mfg'er, or trying to find a comparable at a brick and mortar and then buying the additional stuff (not the games or cookbook stuff, the lifetime help, lifetime AV).

SO, this is the 3rd TSV I have noticed the battery is now a 4-cell. I cannot for the life of me believe a 4-cell would get much time on battery? Even a 6-cell is never more than a few hours? I have even bought a 9-cell for one of my Dells, and 9-cell batteries are AWESOME!

A 4-cell battery to run a 17" very graphic operating system (those tiles rolling live take battery life, then add how much is running in the background on Windows 8) seems odd.

Not sure when they changed, because the ones I bought have 6 cell batteries.

This processor does not use the same amount of power as older models. This a article the ULV means Ultra Low Voltage. This is the reason these laptops have 4 cell batteries.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i5-4210U-Notebook-Processor.115081.0.html

Super Contributor

Has anyone heard of the price for this HP TSV laptop Sunday July 13?

Qvc sent me a sneak peek email last night. It will be $699.96 for a 15 inch without office, $819.96 with office. They also have the 17 inch $749.96 without office, and $869.96 with it. It comes with 6 easy pays and free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

$120 for Office? I think that's a standard price- but many places like Staples will discount it. When I buy I look at things at things like RAM, hard drive, if it's dual or quad core, etc.

Super Contributor
On 7/11/2014 bargainlovingmomm said:

Qvc sent me a sneak peek email last night. It will be $699.96 for a 15 inch without office, $819.96 with office. They also have the 17 inch $749.96 without office, and $869.96 with it. It comes with 6 easy pays and free shipping.

Thank you so much for posting my friend is looking for a laptop from qvc she needs the ez pay I just told her she just saw it on her tablet she is going to order either the white or blue she likes both colors.

Respected Contributor
On 7/11/2014 ibb38 said:

$120 for Office? I think that's a standard price- but many places like Staples will discount it. When I buy I look at things at things like RAM, hard drive, if it's dual or quad core, etc.

Not here. It's all about EZ pay.