Not applicable

New Tracfone LG800 Won't Turn On

I recently purchased a Tracfone LG800 online, and it arrived yesterday....

The first thing I did was take it out of the box, and plug it in to the charger that came with it, and the screen lit up, and showed that it was charging the phone. Then today, after it had charged over night, and throughout the morning hours, I took it off, and went to turn it on to activate it, but it would not do anything, and no matter how long I held the power button down it stayed a black screen. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

I really need to turn it on, because it did not come with an activation card, and I need the serial number from the phone, but I am starting to think that it is a factory defect of some sort, and that I need to return it to get my money back. It was not very expensive, especially with triple minutes, but I am confused, and believe that I was sold, and shipped a broken phone now. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

I tried removing the battery, and replacing it, and then holding the power button for 2 minutes, but still nothing. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I this phone broken, or am I doing something wrong, and it is a simple problem that I do not recognize?? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"> </script>
Respected Contributor

Re: New Tracfone LG800 Won't Turn On

Send it back. It's dead on arrival (DOA).

Honored Contributor

If you purchased this recently I would call the vendor from which you bought it and tell them about it. When something does not seem to work on arrival there are only a couple things that could be wrong. The item is defective in some way or the person trying to use it did not read the instructions closely enough. As one that has been into electronics most of my rather long life, I've found it is usually one of the 2 I mentioned.

Call the vendor or send it back. If it was a Shopping Network? All of the ones I shop with have a 30 day guarantee.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I can't speak for HSN and ShopNBC, but if you purchased the Tracfone from QVC they will be very cooperative trying to exchange the phone or giving you a complete refund. I had a negative experience with an LG Tracfone purchased from QVC a couple of years ago. In my case the phone was fine, but the call quality was awful and nothing like what was promoted during the presentation of the item. To make a long story short, I could never reach Tracfone to get answers to any of my concerns, but QVC was extremely helpful with their effort to help me out. Ultimately I ended up taking the refund.

Valued Contributor

I sometimes have problems and have to fiddle with holding the button for a long time, a short time, a long time, etc. until it finally turns on. Other than that, it is a nice phone. The tranfone site for the LG800 has some good tutorials, maybe one of those might help? I will try putting the link but it might get poofed...

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?locale=en_US&deviceId=718&cid=5755323

Honored Contributor

Try taking the battery out & putting it back in place. If it does not turn on I would exchange it for another one.

Regular Contributor

On 7/10/2014 Nightowlz said:

Try taking the battery out & putting it back in place. If it does not turn on I would exchange it for another one.

Try reading the original post before responding....
Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 WIlliam Joseph said:
On 7/10/2014 Nightowlz said:

Try reading the original post before responding....

And why don't you mind your own business??????????????