Trusted Contributor

iPod Touch 5th generation charging

I just bought an iPod Touch 5th generation so I can carry it with me and listen to audiobooks. My question is..can I charge it with my iPad Air charger. Can I use the same usb cord and adapter from the iPad Air or do I need to use the usb cord that that came with the iPod plugged into the adaptor that came with the iPad?...I hope I said all that right..it sounds confusing after I read it back...thanks..DW

Regular Contributor

Re: iPod Touch 5th generation charging

Yes you can use the same cable for both. They're both lightning cables, right? If the shoe fits...... And you can plug the usb end into just about any usb wall charger not just the white apple ones. I have lots of different ones and usb chargers that plug into my car cigarette lighter (do they still have those?).

Trusted Contributor

Thanks VolvoGirl..It seems I have to carry all kinds if chargers..Adaptors and cables with me..if I can condense them its so much easier..DW

Honored Contributor

that's whats nice about all those Apple toys they all have the same cords

Occasional Contributor

You can use the Ipad charger to charge your Ipod but not vice versa. The Ipod charger is not strong enough to charge your Ipad.

Honored Contributor

I have all Apple products. If Apple sells it, I'll buy Apple. I change cords on everything. I also like the way they will interface together.

I am as dumb with mechanical things as a person can be and still use something. I just peck and hit and touch until something happens.

That's the beauty of Apple (to me anyway), they allow for people like me.

Regular Contributor

On 7/6/2014 metfan85 said:

You can use the Ipad charger to charge your Ipod but not vice versa. The Ipod charger is not strong enough to charge your Ipad.

I don't think you even get a charger unit with iPod. I didn't. It's just the cable, not the wall adapter part. I think they figure people will use it and charge it plugged into their computer.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/6/2014 VolvoGirl said:
On 7/6/2014 metfan85 said:

I don't think you even get a charger unit with iPod. I didn't. It's just the cable, not the wall adapter part. I think they figure people will use it and charge it plugged into their computer.

Yep just got the cable not the charger adapter..thats why I asked the question..thanks to everyone that answered...DW

Regular Contributor

On 7/6/2014 jackthebear said:

What? Apple is the only company that has changed it's cords and have deviated from the norm. Every electronic device that is made uses micro-usb except good ole overpriced apple.
Honored Contributor

On 7/6/2014 WIlliam Joseph said:
On 7/6/2014 jackthebear said:

What? Apple is the only company that has changed it's cords and have deviated from the norm. Every electronic device that is made uses micro-usb except good ole overpriced apple.

within each generation of Apple, not talking about other brands

the last phones I had that were not all had different mini USB and micro usb and others so we all had different chargers.