Honored Contributor

I tried to porder a new cell phone from HSN......

but they would not send it to our PO Box or to the local UPS customer service center either. I felt that was pretty odd - called their CS but there was nothing she could do. I had to order it from the Q (who also would not accept our PO Box address for it) but were ok with sending it to the UPS customer service office. So i had to pay a bit more at QVC but at least they were understanding and cooperative.

In order to buy it from HSN we would have had to send it to a friend or family member's home, and we try to not inconvenience anyone doing that unless it is something more important than this.What do people do who only have a PO Box for an address all the time? Our campground owner gets agitated when we get anything sent here directly- the kids who work in the office don't care but if the owner is there when it arrives she gets her panties all in a twist, so we could not have it delivered here.

Honored Contributor

Re: I tried to porder a new cell phone from HSN......

I do know that there are a lot of places where a company won't send anything/something to a Post Office Box number.

Maybe because places who run PO boxes say they won't be responsible for a product to be delivered?

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 annabellethecat said:

I do know that there are a lot of places where a company won't send anything/something to a Post Office Box number.

Maybe because places who run PO boxes say they won't be responsible for a product to be delivered?

It's at the post office - if they can't be responsible to deliver a package who can?

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 happy housewife said:
On 6/3/2014 annabellethecat said:

It's at the post office - if they can't be responsible to deliver a package who can?

They might need a signature that is why they would not send it to a PO Box

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

It's because of the lithium battery. There are restrictions on what can be sent through the mail, and more specifically, what can be sent to a PO box. It's not HSN's rule, it's the post office's rule.

Esteemed Contributor

Many times the mailing address has to match the credit card account. You could have gone to Radio Shack.

Regular Contributor

On 6/3/2014 nutmeg3 said:

Many times the mailing address has to match the credit card account. You could have gone to Radio Shack.

Did you not read where CS said they would send it to a friend or family member? Your point is wrong anyways. Like above you says, it's because of the battery, not because of matching address.
Valued Contributor

If you send it to via usps, can't you send it to a PO Box? I know people that get qvc and hsn deliveries to their PO boxes all the time. The PO, however, is the only one that can make delivery to your PO box, so if UPS makes the delivery, it has to be transferred to the PO. Not sure what they told you was the issue with the delivery.

Super Contributor

On 6/3/2014 Beauty$Junkie said:

If you send it to via usps, can't you send it to a PO Box? I know people that get qvc and hsn deliveries to their PO boxes all the time. The PO, however, is the only one that can make delivery to your PO box, so if UPS makes the delivery, it has to be transferred to the PO. Not sure what they told you was the issue with the delivery.

You cannot have a lithium battery sent to a PO box. You cannot have anything that could explode sent to a PO box. It is the law.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/3/2014 WIlliam Joseph said:
On 6/3/2014 nutmeg3 said:

Did you not read where CS said they would send it to a friend or family member? Your point is wrong anyways. Like above you says, it's because of the battery, not because of matching address.

I have been buying online a long time. Different vendors have different rules. Your can not always buy expensive items and send to a third party or a PO Box.

I did not say anything about a battery.