Super Contributor

HELP SOMEONE. Cannot remove something that is very enlarged on page?

Am sorry I hope I can explain better.. I down loaded & printed a coupon from Ulta... Came out normal size.

However when I did close down I noticed that the coupon was so enlarged took up my full screen... Just some of my program list showed on the left side of screen. No buttons or X to get this out...

Tried screen resolution to try and make screen appear smaller. Did not work...

Just hoping someone can help me... So upsetting... Am not PC savvy at all...

please help?

Thanks,lovestodance

Respected Contributor

Re: HELP SOMEONE. Cannot remove something that is very enlarged on page?

I would just shut down and restart your computer, should reset itself and close the program that seems to be open.

Have you tried that yet?

Super Contributor

On 4/24/2014 nantucket shore said:

I would just shut down and restart your computer, should reset itself and close the program that seems to be open.

Have you tried that yet?

sigh yes.... I tried a few time.. I see it on my background.... Seems I can only get to mail web pages clicking on my key board... Never had this happen before....

I even down loaded some coupons before.... Normal like I always do...

This is so strange.... Just wish I can get this annoying thing out...

Thanks need to close.. Will have to call Norton or Micro-soft tomorrow..

lovestodance

Super Contributor

I wonder if you somehow saved the coupon as your desktop wallpaper? Does it seem to fill the whole screen and your programs show up as icons on top of the coupon?

If yes, this is usually changed similarly to the screen resolution setting you were experimenting with.

Respected Contributor

Have you hit ESC? Or press CTRL+ALT+DEL (all three buttons at once) then hit Task Manager. It will show you a list of open programs or pages. If there is one for ULTA tell if to force close that one immediately. It should close it out and put you in a normal mode again. HTH
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

I wonder if this is a problem that can be minimized by pressing "ctrl" and "-" (the minus sign in the top row). Press them at the same time just for this problem. See if that helps.

You can also enlarge print, etc. by pressing "ctrl" (control) and "+" ( the plus sign).

I hope I'm making sense.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.sad}On 4/24/2014 moto said:

I wonder if you somehow saved the coupon as your desktop wallpaper? Does it seem to fill the whole screen and your programs show up as icons on top of the coupon?

If yes, this is usually changed similarly to the screen resolution setting you were experimenting with.

When I open my pc... This very enlarged coupon from Ulta appears... Does take up full page.

One the left side of screen can see partial program listing... Any thing I go to has this in the coupon in the background... Also some of my setting are not working correctly...

Hard to put this all down. I did try the screen resolution... My daughter who lives long distance tried to help by phone... Tried escape... Tried hold down CTRL-ALT ETC buttons and hit them nothing worked.

I tried 3x to call Norton since they helped me in the past with some issues.... They were busy held on for almost 1/2 hr... My cordless phone disconnected...

I am really beside my self not knowing if it could affect my pc with a Virus?

Have had too many issues since I purchase my Hp pavilion desk model.... Have internet 7 and Windows 9... Has been working pretty well so I don't think I want to update at this time.

Really appreciate you reply and suggestions as well as others..

lovestodance

Honored Contributor

Do you think it accidentally saved as your background picture?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

On 4/26/2014 lovestoteach said:

Do you think it accidentally saved as your background picture?

Just want to update.... I finally was able to reach Norton Tech support.... He took over my pc and got rid of the big coupon...

However now I seem to have a couple of other issues... I don't have my favorite edit and view link on my upper page... Also I seem to get a blank page when trying to do a search for something on a web page I am using... Hope I worded this right??

Giving an example... Was checking for a product on a site... When I put in name of item. Page just did not go further... Blank... I am not sure if it is doing this on every area I try to do that.

Maybe someone here can help?

Am so sorry to bother... Every one has been so helpful with many issues I have using my Pc...

Am not at all Pc savvy with many issues I have uncounted..

Many thanks again.

lovestodance

Trusted Contributor

Can you do a System Restore on your pc? I. E. Go back to an earlier date so that the lastest stuff is all deleted. It should ask you to enter a date that you want your pc restored to and everything after that date is gone. That would delete that darn coupon.