Honored Contributor

Has anyone ever bought a used tablet from Amazon?

My Asus tablet has died - I sent it in for service and they want $175 to repair it plus $30 return postage - a new one is only $ 250. I have considered getting a different brand but I already have the keyboard and the case for this one so if I buy the same one again I would not have those added expenses. Anyway, they have a used one on Amazon in "like new" condition for $144 - that is a $100 savings but I'm nervous to buy used. Has anyone bought used electronics from Amazon? I buy used CDs there all the time and they are fine but this is a big investment.

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever bought a used tablet from Amazon?

If Amazon is behind it, I would go for it. Be sure that you have a right to RETURN it if it's not what they say it is.

I know I have bought refurbished PCs and VCRs from Ebay and never had a problem.

You might even find a local store that sells refurbished PCs. Check out on Google "refurbished PCs" in YOUR city.

Esteemed Contributor

I know you are in love with your old tablet, but the version of Android in this device is old. You want a tablet with Kit Kat 4.4.

Samsung is bringing to market a new Galaxy Tab 4 series. The products will be offered for pre-sale tomorrow. They will be ship in May.

I did buy a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet used like new from Amazon warehouse Deals. This tablet came with a new manufacturer's warranty, and 30 day return. This was not a refurbished item.

Esteemed Contributor

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4". This tablet has a beautiful display, is a little smaller than a full size tablet, and is super fast. Samsung recently reduced the price on this product when the new S5 phone came to market. You can find these new products at Best Buy.

Honored Contributor

I bought a ""reconditioned"" iPad from the Apple Store 2 years ago and it has performed like a champ. Everything you see was new; only the insides were reconditioned. I'd look for that rather than ""used"". Can you buy a reconditioned Asus from the manufacturer? That would be my choice.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My DH said he doesn't want to get another Asus for certain - he said he will sell the case and keyboard on E bay. So now I am pretty certain I am going to go with a Samsung. They have a great price on an 8" now - a tab3 , 8.0 almost everywhere. The newest versions - the 4.4 or whatever are more than I am looking to spend.

Super Contributor

There are several refurbished iPad mini's (7.9 inch screen) available on the Apple web site. $249 for a 16GB wi-fi model, $339.00 for a 32GB wi-fi model. Free shipping and one year warranty.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Honored Contributor

Even a refurbished Ipad is way more than I want to spend and I really don't need all the stuff an ipad will do. I just do e mail and come here to the BB mostly. I rarely even take my tablet out of the house.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/24/2014 happy housewife said:

My DH said he doesn't want to get another Asus for certain - he said he will sell the case and keyboard on E bay. So now I am pretty certain I am going to go with a Samsung. They have a great price on an 8" now - a tab3 , 8.0 almost everywhere. The newest versions - the 4.4 or whatever are more than I am looking to spend.

The cost of a faster processor and updated Android is more reasonable than you think. The Samsung Tab 3 8.0, and Tab 4 8.0 are very close in price. There is a bit of a leap in technology. You can not take full advantage of the updated apps with an older version of Android.

Trusted Contributor

Get an Kindle HD Fire. They are only $129.00 right now. For what you want it for it will work perfectly and the price cant be beat.